IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

lol this is kind of a "shallow" way to see it but for the time being I consider SIGN good because... Well, I've had Metaz form8 and r cazt on repeat a bunch of times. And that has been my typical ae listening style - finding tracks I like and then listening to them on repeat endlessly. I didn't find that at all with NTS when it came out and it sucked but I gave it another go after SIGN came out and now I've listened to elyc9 7hres on repeat dozens of times. So yet another few tracks that I can put on the "list"... good... It takes a while to judge albums as a whole because it takes me ages to go through all the tracks and properly get to know them so we'll see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

My Bleep account appears to have vanished, so no new Autechre for me :catsob:

Update:  apparently I was registered with my old email that no longer exists

i had this issue, theres like multiple websites, there's an autechre bleep website and my account didn't work there.  my account worked on plain bleep.com though. idk

I fell asleep during th red a last night and it really worked its way into my deep mind. I've had those bassy wooshing noises stuck in my head all day.

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

i had this issue, theres like multiple websites, there's an autechre bleep website and my account didn't work there.  my account worked on plain bleep.com though. idk

I had the opposite problem.  I was trying to login to bleep.com because I didn't know it was separate from the autechre bleep page.

Anyway, I had a listen and honestly I was quite underwhelmed.  It felt like a step back from what they've been doing over the previous decade.  Of course I'll need to listen again, but my first impression was not what I was expecting.  The chord progressions were more predictable, the rhythms were simple and linear, and the sound design didn't shock me at all.  Does anyone else feel this way ?  I'm hoping it'll start to make sense once I've listened more, like their albums usually do, but I was hoping for something more dynamic and dense considering it's a shorter release.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

4 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I had the opposite problem.  I was trying to login to bleep.com because I didn't know it was separate from the autechre bleep page.

Anyway, I had a listen and honestly I was quite underwhelmed.  It felt like a step back from what they've been doing over the previous decade.  Of course I'll need to listen again, but my first impression was not what I was expecting.  The chord progressions were more predictable, the rhythms were simple and linear, and the sound design didn't shock me at all.  Does anyone else feel this way ?  I'm hoping it'll start to make sense once I've listened more, like their albums usually do, but I was hoping for something more dynamic and dense considering it's a shorter release.

you need more listens

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Posted on page 125. Twitter link?

It was a comment on somebody else's retweet or like, I think, and I don't follow the original twitter user or the commentor. Can't find it anymore on my feed. Sorry.

I'm still fucking sure that I've heard the higher pitched laser gun sounds on the background of psin AM in some other track but can't for the life of me figure what it was. Driving me nuts. It's like a very vague dream I have of hearing them and thinking that that sounds pretty cool.