Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

12 hours ago, zkom said:

I'm still fucking sure that I've heard the higher pitched laser gun sounds on the background of psin AM in some other track but can't for the life of me figure what it was. Driving me nuts. It's like a very vague dream I have of hearing them and thinking that that sounds pretty cool.

glos ceramic second half?

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Nah, it's not those. There's some more ambient style track that has a really long outro, I think, with lush pads and lasers firing in the background. Or then I've dreamed the whole fucking thing.

newbound maybe?? to me it also sounds familiar but i'm thinking atari 2600, can't put finger on a particular game tho.

3 hours ago, LemanRuss said:

I guarantee Hans Zimmer didn't do any of the technical work in any of this (i.e., all of the work required to make electronic music).  I went to see him live last year and he was shit.  All of his chords progressions are the same.  I also have the Zebra 2 "Dark Zebra" preset pack by Zimmer.  No way on earth that cringe merchant programmed any of that.  He gets a technician with real skill to do it all for him.

I hate Hans Zimmer.

Doesn't Zimmer have a stable of composers and producers who does his stuff and those that have gone to do solo composing all sound like Hans?

Edited by azatoth

3 hours ago, LemanRuss said:

I guarantee Hans Zimmer didn't do any of the technical work in any of this (i.e., all of the work required to make electronic music).  I went to see him live last year and he was shit.  All of his chords progressions are the same.  I also have the Zebra 2 "Dark Zebra" preset pack by Zimmer.  No way on earth that cringe merchant programmed any of that.  He gets a technician with real skill to do it all for him.

I hate Hans Zimmer.

Guess he is more like Hans Off amirite :cisfor:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, zkom said:

Nah, it's not those. There's some more ambient style track that has a really long outro, I think, with lush pads and lasers firing in the background. Or then I've dreamed the whole fucking thing.

Characi fits the description, but tbh there is  a lot of lasers in Autechre with slightly different ways of getting there, so it is probably true, good luck on your quest.

I think this album carries a message.
I listen to the album and I see a progress of situations.
Or maybe I should stop taking drugs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, zkom said:

"yeah, I remember this thing, this always existed, but this is the first time I'm experiencing this"

yeah dude i felt the same, it also sounded like something ive made in the past 

Edited by natios

Japanese bonus track is so stupid. I don't understand why we can't buy it on autechre store, bleep or bandcamp. It is from another time, really…

Result : we’ll all finish to have it at his marginal cost instead of toss a coin into the guys (and warp) pocket.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:57 AM, Silent Member said:

writing about music is really hard for most people.

Here's my review: It's really fucking good, much better than the cover art. not sure about that harmonica.

its like Zappa said, writing about music is like tap-dancing about kebabs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

newbound maybe??

5 hours ago, zlwwlz said:

Characi fits the description, but tbh there is  a lot of lasers in Autechre with slightly different ways of getting there, so it is probably true, good luck on your quest.

6 hours ago, fomenko said:

glos ceramic second half?

Thanks, but it's none of those. I'm starting to think it's not even an Ae track.. or then I'm just imagining the whole thing as I said. Well, hopefully I come across it sometime.

This album fits right between my copy of Steve Hauschildt's recent "Non-Lin" and Locust's recent "The Plaintive". All three are hitting me in the heart in complicated ways, accented by the grey, windy fall weather and cold house, personal struggles, work demands, political uncertainty, and the prospect of death. And I couldn't be more grateful for this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, apriorion said:

This album fits right between my copy of Steve Hauschildt's recent "Non-Lin" and Locust's recent "The Plaintive". All three are hitting me in the heart in complicated ways, accented by the grey, windy fall weather and cold house, personal struggles, work demands, political uncertainty, and the prospect of death. And I couldn't be more grateful for this. 

thanks for the namedrops. liked Locusts 90s stuff and mark van hoens mego album, defo gonna check them out

• Like 1