Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

5 minutes ago, apriorion said:

This album fits right between my copy of Steve Hauschildt's recent "Non-Lin" and Locust's recent "The Plaintive". All three are hitting me in the heart in complicated ways, accented by the grey, windy fall weather and cold house, personal struggles, work demands, political uncertainty, and the prospect of death. And I couldn't be more grateful for this. 

thanks for the namedrops. liked Locusts 90s stuff and mark van hoens mego album, defo gonna check them out

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

5 hours ago, hello spiral said:

My man in Japan came through with bonus track WAV this morning :cool:

Lets remove that Y so Your man in Japan becomes Our man in Japan.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

hands off hello spirals Jap Y's

sorry. had to say that, i take no responsibility for anything i say, like the president of the united states. (wrong thread)

So M4 Lema has got a Windowlicker groove, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention it. Wish there were more of those on this album. I do really like it though and it makes me feel like I’m listening to the old stuff sometimes.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hello spiral said:

My man in Japan came through with bonus track WAV this morning :cool:

5 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Please don’t be shy to Message me

I'm finally discovering SIGN, currently on track 3 and wow that's a special one ! The sound palette is of course reminiscent of their recent output but the chord progression and the way tracks flow remind me of older albums. I don't know why but I sense strong Amber vibes coming from si00 :music:

• Like 1

The twinkly background bits in si00 totally remind me of this old theme for Windows 98:

anyone else getting Brodels vibes from F7? Mostly in the lyric "With a sonic assault sidesteppin' you"

just got my CD in. art looks slightly better in person, but still not into it really. orange is good but the main art is meh. 

anyway hadn't seen anywhere that this was mastered by Noel Summerville again. that's all.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:52 AM, AnwarAutokino said:

si00

214-bubble-palace.jpg.513b4ad74a10b8c5dfbc88f6d34dac11.jpg

It fits perfectly! should be at night with a purple/alien sky tho ❤️

9 hours ago, kieselguhr kid said:

i hear some reminescence of bronchusevenmx24 in F7

funny i thought the exact same about Metaz form8... the melody notes not drums obviously...

10 hours ago, Mic Finger said:

Not Finding n Cur on soulseek yet. Anyone had luck tracking it down anywhere?

I found it on "The You Tubes" just now actually..its pretty different than Sign but I digz itz

• Thanks 2