IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

3 minutes ago, Blir said:

TBH I just read it as their logo currently, rather than attaching it to the one six stuff.

Forgive my unsteady mouse hand. I had to do it left handed as I'm still fapping over the news of SIGN

ae.jpg

maybe ... but the idea of a logo in a general sense is something that I find not very close to Ae, it has a pop heritage of a marketing nature that perhaps could have been plausible in the 90s (even if, in truth, every graphic has its own identity , there has never been an identifiable repetition in a logo, not even in the past), but today it seems to me a distant thing . Well, I can be wrong.

13 minutes ago, Blir said:

TBH I just read it as their logo currently, rather than attaching it to the one six stuff.

Forgive my unsteady mouse hand. I had to do it left handed as I'm still fapping over the news of SIGN

ae.jpg

This, I guess it's just their logo. And yes Sean was talking about 100% new stuff and a departure from the" Exai to NTS era".

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

This, I guess it's just their logo. And yes Sean was talking about 100% new stuff and a departure from the" Exai to NTS era".

Did he say this during the Mixlr event?

Just now, d-a-m-o said:

Seems like the track lengths are too short to suggest a continuation of that vein anyway. So entirely new stuff is likely.

1 hour ago, Richie Sombrero said:

Artwork looks like an outline of Ed Sheeran's stupid head.

I don't know why but this was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the cover

vangoghsign.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, demo said:

Did he say this during the Mixlr event?

Yes, I think this was during the Mixlr or twitch event. 

also I remember him saying that the stuff he was playing on twitch was a lure or something and that the new stuff will sound nothing like it...

Edited by d-a-m-o

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

maybe ... but the idea of a logo in a general sense is something that I find not very close to Ae, it has a pop heritage of a marketing nature that perhaps could have been plausible in the 90s (even if, in truth, every graphic has its own identity , there has never been an identifiable repetition in a logo, not even in the past), but today it seems to me a distant thing . Well, I can be wrong.

To be fair, the same ae lettering was using on LP5, EP7, Gantz Graf and Draft 7.30, which felt like they were going for something identifiable.

27 minutes ago, very honest said:

wonder if they did a sean album and a rob album

5 hours ago, purlieu said:

Sean Solo Album.

Next one will be call Rub. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, purlieu said:

To be fair, the same ae lettering was using on LP5, EP7, Gantz Graf and Draft 7.30, which felt like they were going for something identifiable.

I think they used that Century-Gothic-like font for writing "autechre" straight trough from LP5 to Untilted in slight variations. That was kinda going logo-like. Then Quaristice happened. 

10 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

pls be folk album with banjo and washboard

And singing.  Lots and lots of sappy, soul searching lyrics.  Maybe some humming and whistling and even some clapping.

Edited by tailings

10 hours ago, goDel said:

He is? Wait. Seriously? He's a scientist? Field? 

This is news for me. Can't remember it ever being mentioned. Sounds unlikely to me. As he's been releasing tunes and touring for quite a while now. Not much spare time to get a PHD. 

Please, don't be a dick and say he's a scientist in how he crafts his tunes.

Please don't be a dick and say that science is only for people with doctorates. You knew exactly where I was coming from (as evidenced by your final sentence), and I doubt that anyone was misled by my suggesting that he was a scientist.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

12 minutes ago, very honest said:

like a week ago in the "2 new albums announcedish" thread someone reported word from a manufacturing plant. later confirmed by the cover of sign

Oh yeah, that vague comment from earlier this year.  Well, if we do get a second album, awesome sauce.  'Til then I say it's vaeporwaer.