IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

7 minutes ago, goonstock said:

I’m not sure if the validity of this but folks on reddit are saying that the companion piece to Sign is called Plus https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/comments/jj5gio/you_heard_it_here_first/

I sure hope this is true. 2020 could do with more SIGN + and less of everything else....

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 4

similar artwork plus "plus" seem to hint at some kind of addendum... hmm.

(or moar liek bcz "1. plus 2. sign" order overture kinda shit liek storm b4 teh sad ooh...)

Edited by jaderpansen

16 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

also 13th and 20th being exactly one week apart could mean listening party on the former and official release on the latter? ?

We're currently at exactly a week since the 20th so keep thinking

1 minute ago, splesh said:

We're currently at exactly a week since the 20th so keep thinking

nov 13th was hinted at by papa, now 20th by reddit. just trying to put shit together, somewhat arbitrarily, sure.

• Farnsworth 1

Oh November not October, my bad. As you were.

I'll be happy to wait some more, since I'm still enjoying digesting SIGN

• Like 2

p sure i heard a robo voice stating ‘autechre‘ twice at the start of the last minute of sch.mefd 2...

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, goonstock said:

I’m not sure if the validity of this but folks on reddit are saying that the companion piece to Sign is called Plus https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/comments/jj5gio/you_heard_it_here_first/

spacer.png

I'm dubious that a record store would have already received this information, but what do I know. Especially "to put on the store's website", before an official announcement? Even if it came with instructions to do so after a certain date, it sounds suspect. Also PLUS sounds kinda lame, but then again SIGN wasn't a super creative title either.

1 hour ago, azatoth said:

Why couldn't they release both of them at the same time if they are going to release another album.

I like the staggered approach, gives us time to digest the standard album material. What's the rush? What's a month or two to sit with one album?

56 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

similar artwork plus "plus" seem to hint at some kind of addendum... hmm.

Would seem that way. Something completely different would be nice, but even as an addendum of sorts it could be wildly different.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Classic. AE should of given Jules and Ossillick (spelling, sorry) art direction over the new album it would of been a million times better and probably those two lads would of done it for no charge. 

20 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I've never had any issue with the name SIGN or the artwork at all - not the first time they've used pronounceable English words for a title, or vivid colours, tho some seem to make it out that way... 

But I really hope this PLUS rumour isn't true. It's definitely an obvious nod to "Sean pls", which is cute and all, but a bit too corny and obvious for them don't you think? I'm guessing it's just a fan trolling fellow fans. 

my thoughts exactly

• Facepalm 1

On 10/24/2020 at 1:36 PM, auxien said:

i'm generally with you on wanting more 'development' within any song. but i also know from years of listening to AE that even when it seems static, there's a 95% chance that there's development and growth happening that you're just not aware of fully, it takes time to sorta tune your ears to their tracks and get into and see what's happening. one of the great things about them ofc. 

... there's large parts of the instrumentation on this that isn't obviously twisty and morphing and kicking in huge changes, it is 'static' but there is much else happening within.

Okay, fuck, you are completely right. Another listen and this album opened up for me.

And how did I not notice how varied and painfully beautiful r catz is?

Still M4 Lema superfan though.

• Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

It's definitely an obvious nod to "Sean pls", which is cute and all, but a bit too corny and obvious for them don't you think?

It wouldn't be the first time they've referenced a WATMM meme..

26 minutes ago, modey said:

It wouldn't be the first time they've referenced a WATMM meme..

I missed the reference: what meme?

Anyway, a tribute to watmm would also be reasonable (I mean, after 15 uninterrupted hours of twitch tv I would deserve a salary), but even the title of two albums seems a bit excessive ...
It also remains to understand why they would have published the "e" before the "a", associated with the reverse logo of the shirt, there must be some expedient otherwise the thing would be totally senseless