Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

1 hour ago, Draft78 said:

maybe ... but the idea of a logo in a general sense is something that I find not very close to Ae, it has a pop heritage of a marketing nature that perhaps could have been plausible in the 90s (even if, in truth, every graphic has its own identity , there has never been an identifiable repetition in a logo, not even in the past), but today it seems to me a distant thing . Well, I can be wrong.

To be fair, the same ae lettering was using on LP5, EP7, Gantz Graf and Draft 7.30, which felt like they were going for something identifiable.

27 minutes ago, very honest said:

wonder if they did a sean album and a rob album

5 hours ago, purlieu said:

Sean Solo Album.

Next one will be call Rub. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, purlieu said:

To be fair, the same ae lettering was using on LP5, EP7, Gantz Graf and Draft 7.30, which felt like they were going for something identifiable.

I think they used that Century-Gothic-like font for writing "autechre" straight trough from LP5 to Untilted in slight variations. That was kinda going logo-like. Then Quaristice happened. 

10 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

pls be folk album with banjo and washboard

And singing.  Lots and lots of sappy, soul searching lyrics.  Maybe some humming and whistling and even some clapping.

Edited by tailings

Ordrd

But whence this random speculation on a green colored followup?  Link, or quit getting all twoismic.

like a week ago in the "2 new albums announcedish" thread someone reported word from a manufacturing plant. later confirmed by the cover of sign

Edited by very honest
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, goDel said:

He is? Wait. Seriously? He's a scientist? Field? 

This is news for me. Can't remember it ever being mentioned. Sounds unlikely to me. As he's been releasing tunes and touring for quite a while now. Not much spare time to get a PHD. 

Please, don't be a dick and say he's a scientist in how he crafts his tunes.

Please don't be a dick and say that science is only for people with doctorates. You knew exactly where I was coming from (as evidenced by your final sentence), and I doubt that anyone was misled by my suggesting that he was a scientist.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
12 minutes ago, very honest said:

like a week ago in the "2 new albums announcedish" thread someone reported word from a manufacturing plant. later confirmed by the cover of sign

Oh yeah, that vague comment from earlier this year.  Well, if we do get a second album, awesome sauce.  'Til then I say it's vaeporwaer.

14 minutes ago, very honest said:

Right. When I saw the announcement, my first thought was "well, that's almost exactly what that dude's friend at the printer said about one of the albums; now let's see if it holds up for the other." If I recall correctly they said the other one was green-on-grey, right? 

Yeah i'm starting to wonder how long they wanna hold the other one in the pipe.

Sending out the first batch just to release a second one shortly afterwards would be rather unecological, wouldn't it? So i guess we're talking either really soon (also due to the fact that the artwork seems to be finished already) or X-mas trade / early next year.

Dunno.

21 minutes ago, tailings said:

Oh yeah, that vague comment from earlier this year.  Well, if we do get a second album, awesome sauce.  'Til then I say it's vaeporwaer.

how is "we just prepped 2 albums" vague tho?

• Like 1
Just now, jaderpansen said:

how is "we just prepped 2 albums" vague tho?

I'm sure they have a file cabinet or three full of 'prepped' stuff that never got released.  Until I have a link to buy it's not real.

Just to be clear, a search for your quoted quote, "we just prepped 2 albums", only turns up your post.  I assume you're referring to the comments, "we just prepped an album, btw" "two actually".  Which, yeah, I do consider vague and far from real or a committal.  Could be the 2 prepped albums got condensed into one finished product.  Who knows?

Sorry to piss on the rainbow.  Maybe I'm just in a covid funk.  Maybe I just feel it's more satisfying to be skeptical and then delighted, rather than endlessly hopeful and endlessly let down? 

5 minutes ago, tailings said:

I'm sure they have a file cabinet or three full of 'prepped' stuff that never got released.  Until I have a link to buy it's not real.

Just to be clear, a search for your quoted quote, "we just prepped 2 albums", only turns up your post.  I assume you're referring to the comments, "we just prepped an album, btw" "two actually".  Which, yeah, I do consider vague and far from real or a committal.  Could be the 2 prepped albums got condensed into one finished product.  Who knows?

Sorry to piss on the rainbow.  Maybe I'm just in a covid funk.  Maybe I just feel it's more satisfying to be skeptical and then delighted, rather than endlessly hopeful and endlessly let down? 

the feeling of being let down comes from u tho.. joy as an act of resistance:))

2 minutes ago, chronical said:

the feeling of being let down comes from u tho.. joy as an act of resistance:))

I know, I know.  It >is< fun to dream the big dreams.

1 hour ago, Mic Finger said:

Please don't be a dick and say that science is only for people with doctorates. You knew exactly where I was coming from (as evidenced by your final sentence), and I doubt that anyone was misled by my suggesting that he was a scientist.

R-79398-1410786613-8364.jpeg.jpg.cbab4e97f5648032d5b7020b84da2e05.jpg

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1
1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

Yeah i'm starting to wonder how long they wanna hold the other one in the pipe.

Sending out the first batch just to release a second one shortly afterwards would be rather unecological, wouldn't it? So i guess we're talking either really soon (also due to the fact that the artwork seems to be finished already) or X-mas trade / early next year.

Dunno.

I'm wondering if the second album will be called a proper album, or released as an album-length ep, like EP7 and Move of Ten...

Edited by Chabraendeky