Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

im lost @ why people keep referencing green (album)?

its been said, but the album art/design seems conspicuously weak considering it was done by tdr..

but the music is what matters. super excited there

2 hours ago, markedone said:

im lost @ why people keep referencing green (album)?

hey read the thread bro

13 hours ago, tailings said:

Poppycock.  We already got that, more or less, with NTS, particularly if you acknowledge that the >MACHINES< are singing.....

So naturally, being that SIGN is forecasted to be a radical departure from that prior style, the new album is more likely to be a folk/thrash/ska album, albeit in an abstracted form.  Like, duh.

Dang, you are correct! This will be their long awaited ska(e) album! Can't wait for Rob's trombone solo, oh boy, oh boy!

• Like 1

I don't know if this is a proof against the Sean-album / Rob-album theory, but the copyright impressum in the Ae newsletter for SIGN reads like this...

Edited by Chabraendeky
8 minutes ago, Chabraendeky said:

2020-09-04 12.13.59.png

but what do you think this means though? why would it say anything other than booth/brown? not meaning to be biting, genuinely curious

edit: oh wait i read ur comment wtong i thought u were arguing *for* the solo album mb

Edited by Bodhidharma
mistake
7 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

but what do you think this means though? why would it say anything other than booth/brown? not meaning to be biting, genuinely curious

edit: oh wait i read ur comment wtong i thought u were arguing *for* the solo album mb

Yepp, that's what I meant. That it's probably no solo album.

Some guys here thought it could be.

Edited by Chabraendeky
4 minutes ago, Wurstwasser said:

I guess it'll be heavily influenced by Shostakovich. That would feel right.

We already had that with Oversteps. The design hinted on it with the Malevitch reference. 

53 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

in all honesty I hope that the solo album never happens: it wouldn't be autechre

but you’d never know.

Edited by jules
10 minutes ago, jules said:

but you’d never know.

maybe you are right, a conservative attitude is at least paradoxical with Osebran Onbowroth

Edited by Draft78
10 minutes ago, FEF said:

Sign

Felled

Two albums about nothing

when you’ve been staring at the fluorescent orange record sleeve for too long

A6BFF14D-A810-42B1-A763-93FBA9FA1058.thumb.jpeg.62512a56ee97f0f213708e628c614dcb.jpeg

• Haha 9
  • Burger 1
13 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

If it was a Booth or Brown solo album then it would not be called Autechre.

For example, not Autechre:

R-2161929-1267820837.jpeg.jpg

They have done solo tracks on albums before. Just sayin.

• Like 1

Yeah, in the mixlr chat Sean mentioned that only about 1 in 3 tracks they do together, and it's been like that for a long time. So most tracks you would call 'solo tracks'. At the same time, they're both working on the system, they're playing around with each other's patches and they're imitating each other in creating patches. So I guess it's always going to be messy and it's  going to be autechre.

• Like 3