IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

2 hours ago, sine nomine said:

Maybe he's a fan of autechre? I didn't get the movie - that moment was a nice coincidence though

I would guess, that Neill Blomkamp and Darren Arronofsky are Ae-fans... the only directors (besides Cunningham) who used their music.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sine nomine said:

Maybe he's a fan of autechre? I didn't get the movie - that moment was a nice coincidence though

I don't know, but for sure the layering of ideas, interpretations and subtexts is something that, if transported in melody, I can only imagine it as autechre, with the difference that Kaufman adds a sense of tragic humor, evidently borrowed from Kafka. I could recommend seeing Synecdoche New York first, then Anomalisa and, therefore, I'm thinking of ending think: a bit like Ae, to get Kaufman and the fundamental idea that moves all his cinema, it is good to start from the first work. Or perhaps from the scripts he wrote before, which already contain a lot of his thinking (Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). In my opinion, together with Michael Haneke, yorgos lanthimos and a few others, he is the most complex and interesting living author.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sine nomine said:

Just watching a movie... Minding my business and... 

That must be a sign.

2 hours ago, Draft78 said:

I don't know, but for sure the layering of ideas, interpretations and subtexts is something that, if transported in melody, I can only imagine it as autechre, with the difference that Kaufman adds a sense of tragic humor, evidently borrowed from Kafka. I could recommend seeing Synecdoche New York first, then Anomalisa and, therefore, I'm thinking of ending think: a bit like Ae, to get Kaufman and the fundamental idea that moves all his cinema, it is good to start from the first work. Or perhaps from the scripts he wrote before, which already contain a lot of his thinking (Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). In my opinion, together with Michael Haneke, yorgos lanthimos and a few others, he is the most complex and interesting living author.

Have you read his novel? It really is something else.

2 hours ago, IDEM said:

That must be a sign.

Have you read his novel? It really is something else.

soon the Italian edition will be out: I'm waiting ... I've read some reviews: it will be an epochal book, no doubt 

3 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

soon the Italian edition will be out: I'm waiting ... I've read some reviews: it will be an epochal book, no doubt 

lol epochal

read some Pynchon

(I'm keen to read it, looks fun)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

Yeah, I'm not really fond of Blomkamp neither, but he used Pro Radii in one of his shorts... respect, where it's due...

Really? There were several shorts by him in 2017, but I must have missed that particular one...

watching "I'm thinking of ending things" and got to the part w/the conversation wher ethye say sign like 3 times and had ot come here and post. though i couldn't find the video clip that someone posted and now that i think of it it's in anothe rthread. 

Edited by ignatius