IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

4 hours ago, Aural Unrest said:

Pro Radii. Such an amazing track! I remember playing it to death when Untilted came out.

Same. Untilted was about the only album I listened to throughout summer 2005. Still holds up well.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 6:10 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

what is this weird infatuation with album art? In my relatively short 25ish years of listening to electronic music I’ve not given two shits about the album art unless I’m on hallucinogens. Who cares honestly if the album cover is the one ring that rules them all as long as the music is good? ?

When do you ever care if a book cover is good? Just discard the story if the cover doesn’t meet some autistic criteria etc?

going by post Oversteps album art, I think Rob&Sean probably agree with you on that

11 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:
On 9/5/2020 at 10:10 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

what is this weird infatuation with album art? In my relatively short 25ish years of listening to electronic music I’ve not given two shits about the album art unless I’m on hallucinogens. Who cares honestly if the album cover is the one ring that rules them all as long as the music is good? ?

When do you ever care if a book cover is good? Just discard the story if the cover doesn’t meet some autistic criteria etc?

going by post Oversteps album art, I think Rob&Sean probably agree with you on that

I was a bit drunk when I wrote that, shouldn't have thrown the "autism" in there, unnecessary and offensive to some (I sometimes forget I'm on watmms and not discord, diff audience). Sorry, my bad.

But yeah I don't really care at all about album art. Albums could come in standardized packaging of all black, I buy albums to consume the medium of music. It was interesting to read some of the different responses. To each their own I guess! 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

This meme culture now kinda sucks, I know banter and all that, but imagine long-time music artists creating serious stuff just to see 300 memes about it, not cool. I'm expecting a serious transition from idiotic memes into forum jizzing how awesome the SIGN material is, really wish them to see that. 

Warp really went all out for the promo on this at least. Syro? just a fuckin blimp or some shit? psh

SIGN: 

eso2013a.jpg

The galaxy is so far away its light has taken more than 12 billion years to reach us: we see it as it was when the Universe was just 1.4 billion years old. It is also surprisingly unchaotic, contradicting theories that all galaxies in the early Universe were turbulent and unstable. This unexpected discovery challenges our understanding of how galaxies form, giving new insights into the past of our Universe.

https://www.eso.org/public/news/eso2013/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

This meme culture now kinda sucks, I know banter and all that, but imagine long-time music artists creating serious stuff just to see 300 memes about it, not cool. I'm expecting a serious transition from idiotic memes into forum jizzing how awesome the SIGN material is, really wish them to see that. 

I strongly suspect all but the uber tender and ultra sensitive get a good laugh from the memes.  I see nothing pointed in the SIGN themed memes and I doubt Sean or Rob do either.  At the very least they might be inspired to apply judicious application of the Patrick Stewart emoji.

Truthfully, what are you seeing in the memes that is other than a lighthearted expression of appreciation coupled with a bit of anticipation?

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

I would be laughing my ass off if I were Sean or Rob reading this thread. I highly doubt the fellas take themselves or their music that seriously. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Frank Poole said:

I would be laughing my ass off if I were Sean or Rob reading this thread. I highly doubt the fellas take themselves or their music that seriously. 

There have been several nods to watmm meme culture in their track titles etc over the years, so I 1000000% agree!