Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

watching "I'm thinking of ending things" and got to the part w/the conversation wher ethye say sign like 3 times and had ot come here and post. though i couldn't find the video clip that someone posted and now that i think of it it's in anothe rthread. 

Edited by ignatius
4 hours ago, Aural Unrest said:

Pro Radii. Such an amazing track! I remember playing it to death when Untilted came out.

Same. Untilted was about the only album I listened to throughout summer 2005. Still holds up well.

• Like 1
On 9/6/2020 at 6:10 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

what is this weird infatuation with album art? In my relatively short 25ish years of listening to electronic music I’ve not given two shits about the album art unless I’m on hallucinogens. Who cares honestly if the album cover is the one ring that rules them all as long as the music is good? 😕

When do you ever care if a book cover is good? Just discard the story if the cover doesn’t meet some autistic criteria etc?

going by post Oversteps album art, I think Rob&Sean probably agree with you on that

11 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:
On 9/5/2020 at 10:10 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

what is this weird infatuation with album art? In my relatively short 25ish years of listening to electronic music I’ve not given two shits about the album art unless I’m on hallucinogens. Who cares honestly if the album cover is the one ring that rules them all as long as the music is good? 😕

When do you ever care if a book cover is good? Just discard the story if the cover doesn’t meet some autistic criteria etc?

going by post Oversteps album art, I think Rob&Sean probably agree with you on that

I was a bit drunk when I wrote that, shouldn't have thrown the "autism" in there, unnecessary and offensive to some (I sometimes forget I'm on watmms and not discord, diff audience). Sorry, my bad.

But yeah I don't really care at all about album art. Albums could come in standardized packaging of all black, I buy albums to consume the medium of music. It was interesting to read some of the different responses. To each their own I guess! 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus