Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

This meme culture now kinda sucks, I know banter and all that, but imagine long-time music artists creating serious stuff just to see 300 memes about it, not cool. I'm expecting a serious transition from idiotic memes into forum jizzing how awesome the SIGN material is, really wish them to see that. 

Warp really went all out for the promo on this at least. Syro? just a fuckin blimp or some shit? psh

SIGN: 

eso2013a.jpg

The galaxy is so far away its light has taken more than 12 billion years to reach us: we see it as it was when the Universe was just 1.4 billion years old. It is also surprisingly unchaotic, contradicting theories that all galaxies in the early Universe were turbulent and unstable. This unexpected discovery challenges our understanding of how galaxies form, giving new insights into the past of our Universe.

https://www.eso.org/public/news/eso2013/

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

This meme culture now kinda sucks, I know banter and all that, but imagine long-time music artists creating serious stuff just to see 300 memes about it, not cool. I'm expecting a serious transition from idiotic memes into forum jizzing how awesome the SIGN material is, really wish them to see that. 

I strongly suspect all but the uber tender and ultra sensitive get a good laugh from the memes.  I see nothing pointed in the SIGN themed memes and I doubt Sean or Rob do either.  At the very least they might be inspired to apply judicious application of the Patrick Stewart emoji.

Truthfully, what are you seeing in the memes that is other than a lighthearted expression of appreciation coupled with a bit of anticipation?

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

I would be laughing my ass off if I were Sean or Rob reading this thread. I highly doubt the fellas take themselves or their music that seriously. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Frank Poole said:

I would be laughing my ass off if I were Sean or Rob reading this thread. I highly doubt the fellas take themselves or their music that seriously. 

There have been several nods to watmm meme culture in their track titles etc over the years, so I 1000000% agree!

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

There have been several nods to watmm meme culture in their track titles etc over the years, so I 1000000% agree!

can you list and explain some?

3 hours ago, Adamovich said:

Sorry bro, but we just don't know yet how awesome the SIGN material is. So we can't do anything else that show our excitement and unpatience to hear it with being a community and keep us chatting, laughing, making the waiting time shorter.

Ae fan community the best of all.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, natios said:

can you list and explain some?

there's "18 (keyosc)", don't know about any other watmm references apart from that one

• Like 1
7 hours ago, YELLOW said:

Meanwhile, in another sub forum...

5-C0-D8716-5533-4-E1-F-9-BE9-70-F902-D1-

LMAO

43 minutes ago, AnwarAutokino said:

there's "18 (keyosc)", don't know about any other watmm references apart from that one

after the ‘are Autechre relevant anymore?’ thread (which turned into 399 pages of shitposting)

L-event

autech re Levent

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

after the ‘are Autechre relevant anymore?’ thread (which turned into 399 pages of shitposting)

L-event

autech re Levent

Holy shit!

41 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

LMAO

L-event

autech re Levent

That or/and Lindenmeyer L-systems algorithms

image.png.371938ad2fe42125f76c7801d3219039.png

• Like 3

r6usovxvwhwwimgt1dco.png

Look at those colours! Autechre going back to their TR-808 roots on this new album? Actually can't remember an AE track where they used an 808, btw. Don't have obvious examples. So perhaps it's a new approach for them. 😜 

edit: pic came from psn's post in the trump dumpster thread

Edited by goDel
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2
9 hours ago, Adamovich said:

The fact that no one has replied to this with a meme almost makes me lose faith in WATMM.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Burger 1