Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, sexagon hun said:

"the albums future classic closer r cazt"

Future Classic you say?! PLSŠ

Post-apocalypse future when you have battery only enough for one any track and anything goes (MUSECS!)

1 hour ago, demo said:

What if it sucks?

We will always have the cover

1 hour ago, demo said:

What if it sucks?

We will always have the cover

• Thanks 3

First review and it had to be Boomkat. Maybe I'm out the loop but their descriptions of Wickedly skizzy UK brukbeat and hardcore pressure systems etc. never give me the first clue as to what the music is like.

I guess having to write about an endless series of very similar techno 12"s means weird purple prose is a must, but I'm none the wiser as to the autechre LP after reading that.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, demo said:

What if it sucks?

Which previous ae album sucked?  Not, 'it sucked at first but then it clicked', but actually sucked for all time?

So, that.

2 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

AND SOME TRACKS ON MOT WAS PURE SHITE!!! 

Welllll,

1) not an album.  album length ep, yes, but still not an album.

2) some suck, (IYO), does not equate to all suck.

Hate to get all zealous, but seriously, when have ae ever dropped a suck album?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, tailings said:

Which previous ae album sucked?  Not, 'it sucked at first but then it clicked', but actually sucked for all time?

So, that.

I gotta make it clear that I agree with this, I dont think any ae release sucks (I even really dig those Lego Feet releases), SIGN has a pretty incredible chance of not sucking

26 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

great, an ambient album

yawns in anticipation*

Ambient has become one of those many junk terms which are bandied around without any real context.  Kinda like calling Sonic Youth 'drone'.  A noisy, feedback-y 3 minute alt rock song is not drone.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tailings said:

So, that.

You're making me blush:

4 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

Errrrr... yyyyyyeaaah.

I think Quaristice, Quaristice versions and EPs, and Oversteps suckedalso elseq was so-so

26 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

great, an ambient album

yawns in anticipation*

You forgot the liquid-limbed swag, tendons and muscle, and let's not forget shapeshifting synthesis growing semblances of glowing hair and teeth and skin. So, not ambient.

• Like 1

HA!  Caught it.  Adchoice on Kongregate.  

58073974_ScreenShot2020-09-12at11_45_16AM.thumb.png.f767fa60ee8dba8f75d3306a6f4eeec2.png

9 minutes ago, very honest said:

pressing ctrl + alt + down (windows) on the ae store page causes an interesting result

Do tell.  No worky on Mac.

CONSPRICY TIME! 

people on last.fm are scrobbling si00, M4 Lema and gr4 which i'm just so sure is not fake leek tracks??? .... .... .... . .. . .  . . journos with last.fm [email protected]@??2

image.png.a4259c76979ea4d0d18c1c809e4da27c.png

Man, I'm old.  Learned of two new 'words' today.  "Emosh" and now "scrobble".  I can confidently, grumpily assert that the world needed neither.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1
13 minutes ago, tailings said:

Man, I'm old.  Learned of two new 'words' today.  "Emosh" and now "scrobble".  I can confidently, grumpily assert that the world needed neither.

I guess you are old, haha. Last.fm was cool around 2003-2005. All kids scrobbled back then - I scrobble to this day, lol. I love statistics and I have statistics of my music listening habits of the last 15 years of my life. Is it useful? No. Do I love it? Yeah.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, very honest said:

pressing ctrl + alt + down (windows) on the ae store page causes an interesting result

Does nothing for me. 🤷‍♂️