IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

10 hours ago, eclipsis said:

I guess you are old, haha. Last.fm was cool around 2003-2005. All kids scrobbled back then - I scrobble to this day, lol. I love statistics and I have statistics of my music listening habits of the last 15 years of my life. Is it useful? No. Do I love it? Yeah.

I've been scrobbling religiously since 2006. To think of all the time I've spent ensuring that everything I listen to on and offline gets scrobbled...I'll never get that time back and I guess I'm ok with that because I'm still doing it. Too much history to stop now. I mean I visit the site a handful of times per day for some reason. Before some of the major redesigns I used it to track shows I wanted to attend, get some recommendations, chat with people on occasion. They've really fucked up some of those features unfortunately, but at least we can still track our listening habits.

8 hours ago, tailings said:

I've been familiar with last.fm since that time but never made the site a habit.  Always preferred discogs for straight up information and my own catalog for listening.  That left last.fm without a purpose, to me at least.

I'm all for statistics.  Numbers, lists, percentages, graphs, spreadsheets, all fun stuff.  Scrobble?  Not a clue.  As made up words go, it's just odd.  As my wife commented when I asked her, "It sounds like boogers".

An odd word, indeed. But I enjoy having a record of everything I listen to. None of it listened to on the actual last.fm site (ok maybe a little bit of last.fm radio listening early on). It's just connected to my iTunes and Spotify to track what I play. And there are ways to submit physical media plays you've done offline too. I'm playing a record right now and as soon as it's over I will submit the tracks to last.fm, hahahah. ?

7 hours ago, tailings said:

Now I remember why I didn't like last.fm.  They seemed to have great difficulty parsing artists with identical names:

Yes, that is definitely annoying, that to this day they haven't figured it out. Oh well, at least I know which artist I'm scrobbling.