IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

unfortunately my tear glands are not so generous to activate trough sound, but for some reason I find a balmy sadness in M62 ... and it's like a trick by Ae: it deceives because it has funky sounds, and a very lively rhythm yet in the combination of harmonies they manages to arouse a sense of placid, languid resignation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adamovich said:

This is my lovely sadness:

As luck would have it, I (consciously) heard this track for the first time in ages today (I'm currently going through the albums/ep's chronologically), I'd almost forgotten about it, but it was immediately vaulted to the top of my ae tracklist. What a fucking belter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tailings said:

It was nineFly that did it for me.  In fact, all of NTS still has my mind blown but a few tracks like nineFly, t1a1, e0 and shimripl casual almost always get my jelly all a quivering.

I'm much the same, g 1 e 1 is nice but would be far from one of my choice NTS tracks but it was at that point (#track 28, week 3), helped by the track's mood, that the weight of the release accumulated for me. I was watching a football game at the time and still got teary nevertheless.

2 hours ago, IOS said:

we're being fuckin trolled. Look at this:

AE_BG_IMG.png

Now look at this lol

washing-machine-against-wall-picture-id1

possibly because of this:

Also ties into "black hole SIGN, won't you come, and wash away..." as well, given the joke that washing machines are black holes where the occasional sock goes to vanish.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Adamovich said:

This is my lovely sadness:

Best ambient track that ever existed for me. Plus Nils Frahm "Says" if that can be called ambient.

Edited by Guest

nth Dafuseder.b is one of my favorite Ae tracks but for me it's more like wistful nostalgia than sadness. A bit BoCy maybe.

IMO, Chiastic Slide is the saddest Ae album, maybe Cichli being the saddest track

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zkom said:

nth Dafuseder.b is one of my favorite Ae tracks but for me it's more like wistful nostalgia than sadness. A bit BoCy maybe.

IMO, Chiastic Slide is the saddest Ae album, maybe Cichli being the saddest track

My introduction to Ae :cattears:

c16 deep tread, cichli and kalpol introl (live) all tickle the tears for me. Propulsive, sorely charged, ethereal, got the lot. Clipper/Rae sorts of tracks with a raw edge. Cichli's dogged roll-with-the-punches positivity and fluttery outro tends to make me choose it as their signature track.

Edited by Roo

5 hours ago, Wurstwasser said:

Best ambient track that ever existed for me. Plus Nils Frahm "Says" if that can be called ambient.

Vletrmx is a great track, but c'mon; that's like saying you cried when Bambi died.  Do rainy days and Mondays also get you down?

• Facepalm 3
  • Burger 1