IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

Does SIGN stand for something

S -

I -

N -

G -

Try that again

S -

I -

G -

N -

21 minutes ago, diatoms said:

Does SIGN stand for something

S -

I -

N -

G -

Try that again

S -

I -

G -

N -

N -

I -

G -

51 minutes ago, auxien said:
1 hour ago, diatoms said:

1785677635_ringofcake.png.ec20cb7e43231031c90ae812a3f44f23.png

is this a money shot?

it’s a ring of fire

https://forum.watmm.com/uploads/monthly_2020_09/1785677635_ringofcake.png.ec20cb7e43231031c90ae812a3f44f23.png

AE boy named Sue

• Like 1

if the designer has made it through these 40 pages, you did a great job. you may have heard of watmm's unusual initiation rituals for new objects of worship. we ceremoniously cover them with a solid layer of emotional excrement, until our reservoirs of loathing are adequately discharged. this is how we make room for new things.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 8
  • Farnsworth 2

I have a question. I don't think it's really been asked or answered here. But with all this dislike for the new cover (and I get that it's not mind-blowing or very unique but I also don't have much against it), is there an Autechre LP or EP cover that you think is worse than the one for SIGN? I've never taken issue with the simple covers for Tri repetae or LP5, for example, but I understand that the absence of a shape can be less offensive than the presence of a shape you dislike. Tri repetae was a nice color and LP5 had a cool solid gray CD case with the Autechre text debossed, so that was unique. But what about elsq? Solid black circles and squares on a solid white background, arranged differently for the different volumes. What about Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae? A large gray square centered on solid black. Again, it comes back to "nothing" or something super basic being less offensive than something you actively dislike. But I'm curious...is there anything worse in their catalog?

22 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I have a question. I don't think it's really been asked or answered here. But with all this dislike for the new cover (and I get that it's not mind-blowing or very unique but I also don't have much against it), is there an Autechre LP or EP cover that you think is worse than the one for SIGN? I've never taken issue with the simple covers for Tri repetae or LP5, for example, but I understand that the absence of a shape can be less offensive than the presence of a shape you dislike. Tri repetae was a nice color and LP5 had a cool solid gray CD case with the Autechre text debossed, so that was unique. But what about elsq? Solid black circles and squares on a solid white background, arranged differently for the different volumes. What about Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae? A large gray square centered on solid black. Again, it comes back to "nothing" or something super basic being less offensive than something you actively dislike. But I'm curious...is there anything worse in their catalog?

Dislike? What dislike?! I don't see anyone disliking the new cover.

1020455423_signios.jpg.380dac52c268980fe3a573b5a3d0a10c.jpg

• Haha 2