Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alco review by alco:   this is the new "autechre" album by them, the brothers. it's called "sign" which is short for "signs." i believe this is an m night shaymalan (or whatever) reference a

the autechre brothers. "the signs" in 2020. october. i forget the date. i'm meeting up with them, the "boys" of autechre. sean, the one who thinks its sick to make beats super wacky is smoking a cigar

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Quiet penis said:

I really should stfu, I'm celebrating 13.000 posts and nothing of real value added. Sorry everyone.

Do continue!

this was your best post so far!!!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
46 minutes ago, Quiet penis said:

I really should stfu, I'm celebrating 13.000 posts and nothing of real value added. Sorry everyone.

Do continue!

What was your previous nickname? I can't recognise you, knew a few Norwegians here..

1 hour ago, Quiet penis said:

I mean, it's 45 pages and the album isn't out for a while, what the hell watem

Well, the album art is ... Any thoughts on the album art? Anyone?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Adamovich said:

What was your previous nickname? 

Stoptaxi 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 2

What was your previous nickname?

mezzo forte vulva

Edited by IOS
EDIT Profanity
  • Haha 1

What was your previous nickname? I can't recognise you, knew a few Norwegians here..

Compson

• Sad 2

Vajayjay Abrams

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Quiet penis said:

Lol hold my beer 

1 hour ago, sexagon hun said:

Guys! It Came! 

you could say...I'm PLS'd..

PLS.gif

men's were sold out?

• Like 1
On 9/18/2020 at 2:30 PM, Adamovich said:

Would've been great if the previous nickname were Loud Cunt.  Transition from Loud Cunt to Quiet Penis would have been A+.  I think it was Gocab tho tbqh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

what if  I  told you

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Will probably end up buying a cd because new Autechre album, but Werp, at least put up previews. It’s 2020. The people who are gonna buy this are going to buy it. And the people who aren’t wont be persuaded by an announcement followed by radio silence until release, what is this a Boards of Canada record? Although I must admit this feels very un-autechreish which is kind of exciting.

10 minutes ago, dankphaser said:

Will probably end up buying a cd because new Autechre album, but Werp, at least put up previews. It’s 2020. The people who are gonna buy this are going to buy it. And the people who aren’t wont be persuaded by an announcement followed by radio silence until release, what is this a Boards of Canada record? Although I must admit this feels very un-autechreish which is kind of exciting.

This is also a justification for not releasing previews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

since the initial announcement, I've been binge listening to an AE playlist that's got everything they've released in the past decade (17hrs long, and that's just the studio material). the amount of music that we've been graced with by the lads in recent years is absoluetely nuts + it's all quality stuff as well, they're not half-assing stuff just to get another release out. truly remarkable.

listening to this playlist has also revealed to me (again) how all of their 2010s material shares these inter-related musical ideas (especially from Exai onwards), which makes me really excited to hear what they'll do with SIGN - will it be a further exploration of their established sound palette, or (probs even more exciting) a complete left-turn à la Quaristice or Oversteps?

in any case, oct 16 can't come soon enough!

• Like 1