IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

2 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Exactly. If you're a fan you've already preordered this. I don't think they really have 'swing voters' anymore. 

Also, preview tracks ruin albums for me. You've always got that one track that has associations attached to it.

Totally agree. The whole feeling of the new Squaerepusher album was kinda ruined for me because of the lot's of preview tracks. Hearing the already familiar tunes along with the new ones made them feel boring. I wished I could listen to the whole album at once.

And the other thing: the albums of Autechre always have this stong dramaturgy, just releasing a single track from it as it would be a single would be completely un-autechrish for me.

I don't mind to wait.

But I would like to know, when the green one will be dropped! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dankphaser said:

Will probably end up buying a cd because new Autechre album, but Werp, at least put up previews. It’s 2020. The people who are gonna buy this are going to buy it. And the people who aren’t wont be persuaded by an announcement followed by radio silence until release, what is this a Boards of Canada record? Although I must admit this feels very un-autechreish which is kind of exciting.

*The people who are gonna buy this already bought it. Within hours of the pre-release.

6 hours ago, dcom said:

Roel Funcken's three hour Autechre megamix. Lather, rinse, repeat until you get the Sign.

The bastard actually manages to work out some pretty awesome transitions between tracks... something that I didn't think was really possible with most of Autechre's work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thehauntingsoul said:

The bastard actually manages to work out some pretty awesome transitions between tracks... something that I didn't think was really possible with most of Autechre's work.

BPM autodetect and sync is not that difficult. 

I realise some people have been disappointed by the cover of 'Sign'. I hope Sean and Rob consider my alternative here, and replace the image. I have always felt they could afford to be more literalistic with their artwork...there is nothing wrong with the cover clearly describing the situation! Please feel free to use my image below, Warp.

91432-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

26 minutes ago, Lianne said:

I have always felt they could afford to be more literalistic with their artwork...there is nothing wrong with the cover clearly describing the situation! Please feel free to use my image below, Warp.

Damn, champ, way to sell yourself short.  I was going to offer my design services for $5k, which I'm sure is a discount on what tDR likely charges.  I could fart out all sorts of stuff for >free< but why would ae be interested in that?  Surely they could fart out their own free art rather than pay tDR to do it......

fwiw, I like the SIGN artwork, (though I wouldn't mind taking a crack at future ae release.  $5K, whatta 'ya say guys?)

On 9/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, Soloman Tump said:

Agreed, although a single with associated video is fine (aka minipops)

Although of course ae have never followed the traditional singles from album route. 

Gantz Graf was their only "single" release I think? Or is it an ep

Sure 

Basscadet may count as a "single" release, even got a music video too

It was brought to my attention that we have seen the orange and green combo before, 10 years ago !
I present to you..

Oversteps record sleeve

spacer.png

Move of Ten record sleeve

spacer.png

Edited by demo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, demo said:

It was brought to my attention that we have seen the orange and green combo before, 10 years ago !
I present to you..

Oversteps record sleeve

spacer.png

Move of Ten record sleeve

spacer.png

That’s interesting. Don’t think I’ve seen that connection in the thread yet.