IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

25 minutes ago, Lianne said:

Wat is “emosh”

it's when you're loved up and raving against sweaty bodies on the dance floor

• Haha 2

Emosh sounds aussie-slang friendly, like it could slot in nicely with your iso & arvo & avo & sanga & straya, however I've never heard it in the wild here. 'Emosh' probably would have been dealt as a snide pejorative masculinity banter term when a male breaks social faux pas by getting a tad too u wot m8 or sooky.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

When I've heard such things as "emosh" it has been tongue firmly in cheek or terribly terribly obnoxious, the same sorta person would refer to renovation on their house as "renovash"

• Like 1

That Boomkat review has done a great job in piquing my interest in Sign.

I'll be honest I still haven't listened to NTS much more than a couple of tracks, Elseq was great (some of their best tunes, but it was hard work trawling my net through the deep Elseq waters to find them) and then after such an immense release it was followed by the monolithic NTS, and then Autechre fatigue set in. 

I'm glad they have changed their direction (breathes a sigh of relief!). Feels like light at the end of a very long dark tunnel.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

That Boomkat review has done a great job in piquing my interest in Sign.

I'll be honest I still haven't listened to NTS much more than a couple of tracks, Elseq was great (some of their best tunes, but it was hard work trawling my net through the deep Elseq waters to find them) and then after such an immense release it was followed by the monolithic NTS, and then Autechre fatigue set in. 

I'm glad they have changed their direction (breathes a sigh of relief!). Feels like light at the end of a very long dark tunnel.

I'm glad you mentioned autechre fatigue... I'm really hoping for something drastically different on sigh coz elseq, nts and ae live are kinda same same tbh

• Like 6

Let's just take a moment to appreciate how bat-shit insane autechre's track titles are...

Second Bad Vilbel, Eutow, Maphive 6.1,MCR Quarter, Reniform Plus, Augmatic Disport, Quaristice, Outh9x, recks on, Altibzz, feed1, nth Dafuseder.b, shimripl casual, Yulquen, pendulu hv moda, VekoS, gonk tuf hi, PIOBmx19, Tankakern, Sim Gishel, Cep puiqMX, Windwind, Gantz Graf, the plclcpc, iv vv iv vv viii, JNSN CODE GL16, VI Scose Poise

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, demo said:

Let's just take a moment to appreciate how bat-shit insane autechre's track titles are...

Second Bad Vilbel, Eutow, Maphive 6.1,MCR Quarter, Reniform Plus, Augmatic Disport, Quaristice, Outh9x, recks on, Altibzz, feed1, nth Dafuseder.b, shimripl casual, Yulquen, pendulu hv moda, VekoS, gonk tuf hi, PIOBmx19, Tankakern, Sim Gishel, Cep puiqMX, Windwind, Gantz Graf, the plclcpc, iv vv iv vv viii, JNSN CODE GL16, VI Scose Poise

I mean, I can’t make music worth listening to but I can definitely string together random meaningless characters?

What’s your point?

15 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I mean, I can’t make music worth listening to but I can definitely string together random meaningless characters?

What’s your point?

I didn't have a point, but now I do

I dont believe the track titles are random meaningless characters, we know there are stories behind these track titles, we just dont know what they are, they only have meaning to sean and rob. I've seen people try to make their own "autechre-like" track titles and they really dont look right, it seems to me ae have a formula when creating their track titles, it's unique and original... even though they dont make much sense to me, but I dont feel like they have to.

7 hours ago, diatoms said:

it's when you're loved up and raving against sweaty bodies on the dance floor

Yeah exactly. This is emosh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, demo said:

In all honesty, I prefer Oberman Knocks track titles, pure badassery.
E.g.
Memmer Doytt Deff
Vencer Quad Cutt
Callemhoger Duffries-Bent
Orderphett's Denser Graft

I’m glad people have brought up Sign’s track titles. Since there is no music yet, all I could do was stare at the artwork, and then at them, for hours. They got more analysis and staring than the artwork. I think they’re average as far as Ae track titles go; they’re the same kind of thing as usual - not much bite or surprise. 5/10. They have done albums with cooler sets of titles. Cornfield, Draft 7.30 and Untilted were good reads. 

• 1M4 Lema8:49

• 2F75:56

• 3si005:51

• 4esc desc4:55

• 5au145:03

• 6Metaz form86:00

• 7sch.mefd 25:25

• 8gr43:21

• 9th red a6:35

• 10psin AM6:20

• 11r cazt7:12
  • Like 1