IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

This isn't a coincidence that both have been announced today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-53993937

On 6/16/2020 at 9:16 PM, kakapo said:

Hi kakapo, this is kakapo.  I'm a simulated trans dimensional emissary from an ancient hyper-intelligent alien race that existed many aeons ago.  Since then the universe has gone through many cycles of heat death and rebirth.  The only way we can communicate from one aeon to the next is through gravity waves.  We've used several billion supermassive black hole collisions to encode in the music of Autechre a unifying quantum theory of gravity that will allow humanity to advance to the next stage of it's development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, KingBo0 said:

Every single warp release has one, yep

I wonder if this is some kind of contractual obligation with the Japanese distributor?

• Like 1

Just now, zkom said:

I wonder if this is some kind of contractual obligation with the Japanese distributor?

Alot of labels do this, I'm not sure. I remember reading somewhere that it has to do with overseas prices for cds and stuff being cheaper than domestic ones so they add tracks as an incentive to buy the Japanese ones instead of just importing American ones but I have no idea. That could have just been bs.

3 minutes ago, zkom said:

It's because CDs are quite expensive in Japan if I remember correctly 

Edited by d-a-m-o

1 minute ago, KingBo0 said:

Alot of labels do this, I'm not sure. I remember reading somewhere that it has to do with overseas prices for cds and stuff being cheaper than domestic ones so they add tracks as an incentive to buy the Japanese ones instead of just importing American ones but I have no idea. That could have just been bs.

1 minute ago, d-a-m-o said:

It's because CD are quite expensive in Japan if I remember correctly 

Yeah, I've heard that thing before but I was paying more for CDs in Finland than what they cost in Japan so it just pissed me off, lol.

It's just weird that in 2020 a single country gets everytime an extra track on the albums.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zkom said:

It's just weird that in 2020 a single country gets everytime an extra track on the albums.

Ppl complain but personally I think it's kinda fun. I really like it when it turns out an album I've been listening to for use is a bit longer than I originally thought.

ReleaseProduct-202875-115485.png

By the powers of deduction....

Side "A" is the only side with 2 tracks on, so that is shown on the left in this photo.

Track 1 M4 Lema has an ambient intro / outro.

Track 2, which is "F7" looks to me like a beatless / ambient track.

I presume the record on the right of the photo is Side "C" judging by the track lengths.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Just now, KingBo0 said:

Ppl complain but personally I think it's kinda fun. I really like it when it turns out an album I've been listening to for use is a bit longer than I originally thought.

If I'm going to start distributing CDs at some point I'm going to start putting a Madagascar bonus track on them that can be only bought from the same chocolate shop in Antanarivo that also hosts the Finnish honorary consulate.

One can only dream.. Well, back to Autechre.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, eclipsis said:

This might be the best artwork they had in years! Also shorter more focused album?!! How cool is that?

Yes, very cool indeed. Really looking forward to it!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

ReleaseProduct-202875-115485.png

By the powers of deduction....

Side "A" is the only side with 2 tracks on, so that is shown on the left in this photo.

Track 1 M4 Lema has an ambient intro / outro.

Track 2, which is "F7" looks to me like a beatless / ambient track.

I presume the record on the right of the photo is Side "C" judging by the track lengths.

lolol legend. ENHANCE

Edited by IOS
  • Like 2