IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

2 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Wednesday ? Sean pls...

would be kind of nice if they just release the whole thing at once of course too...but i assumed they'd pick some sort of 'single' to preview with. bit odd it's so close and there's not been a leak or anything either tho. there's still four more days this week so yeah who knows... pls...

• Like 2

It's so close to when they're likely to release the digitals, I don't need or want to hear a single track.

That said, I haven't preordered because I figure I can pick it up locally. But, I want the digitals if they release them early, without having to pay for physical and digital. Dilemma. I certainly don't want to pay that $14 shipping.

1 minute ago, toaoaoad said:

Has anyone speculated yet that some of the unidentifiable mixlr tracks were potentially SIGN related material? [Forgive me for not wanting to go back and wade thru this thread lol]

Went back and listened to them yesterday and can't help but wish for long versions. Pls?

Iirc one of them explicitly said the mixlr tracks were a red herring of sorts and not to expect anything on the album to sound remotely similar.

• Thanks 1

79.png.341a05131f2be03e26bb2aad3f64e730.png

Unable to get preview tracks for Lulu, Boss did the next best thing and caught the boys in one of Rosco's speed traps. They had the choice 16 years in jail, or do one free concert.

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Roo said:

Like the DreamSign

Please try to resist associating SIGN with Trump. I know orange and election timing makes it nigh irresistible though.

Get a grip. 

Just to help prevent your Woke-Gland™ from getting inflamed to the point of exploding, here is my thinking in doing that Photoshop;

"Hmm, the logo is orange.  Orange and grey seems to be used a fair bit recently; will probably be replacing teal and grey as the new overused colour combination in marketing / product colouring.  Hmm, I wonder what I can Photoshop the new Autechre logo with for a laugh, that is also orange, so I don't have to fuck about colour matching...  Haha, Donald Trump is orange.  I will do him.

[Google Donald Trump images to use]

"Haha, his mouth is always doing that round shape when he talks.  The new Autechre album art is round.  I've got a plan!"

And that was it.

Also, now that I have been nice to you, it is time for some real talk...

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean that your opinion is the final objective truth about that thing, and doesn't mean you get to tell other people not to talk about or display images of said article of your offence.

Anyway, let's focus on the topic at hand, which is the new album from Autechre, called SIGN.

And to celebrate this, here is another Photoshop I have done...

Hitechre.png.514ce1c517750d364a72c768415c527a.png

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

17 hours ago, Wurstwasser said:

I thought about my expections.

- Totally handcrafted music, not that kind of input->formula->output kind of jamming
- Some melody
- That moment which makes me think "why did nobody else do it before?"
- Shostakovich
- pre 16th release of the digitölz

thx pls

Yeah all of that.  

I was thinking yesterday about how a lot of the new techniques they come up with get adopted as standards years after.  The really aggressive sidechaining of the whole mix thing they started across their high end leads that feels like there is a vortex being pulled into reality around you felt so over the top when I first heard them do it, then here we are with the whole underground doing it.  Their savage high end screaming low-cut lead lines that spray across multiple arpeggiated octaves in split seconds threw me pretty hard when initially encountered, but again, this is common-place nowadays.  They are so fucking amazing.

Edited by LemanRuss

3 hours ago, LemanRuss said:

Get a grip. 

Just to help prevent your Woke-Gland™ from getting inflamed to the point of exploding, here is my thinking in doing that Photoshop;

"Hmm, the logo is orange.  Orange and grey seems to be used a fair bit recently; will probably be replacing teal and grey as the new overused colour combination in marketing / product colouring.  Hmm, I wonder what I can Photoshop the new Autechre logo with for a laugh, that is also orange, so I don't have to fuck about colour matching...  Haha, Donald Trump is orange.  I will do him.

"Haha, his mouth is always doing that round shape when he talks.  The new Autechre album art is round.  I've got a plan!"

And that was it.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean that your opinion is the final objective truth about that thing, and doesn't mean you get to tell other people not to talk about or display images of said article of your offence.

Anyway, let's focus on the topic at hand, which is the new album from Autechre, called SIGN.

You need to calm down. I was unaware "please try..." meant "final objective truth". I was unaware that I was 'offended'. I'm sorry for triggering your emotional ranting, and bullying you into Nazi solidarity. Carry on.

Edited by Roo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Roo said:

You need to calm down. I was unaware "please try..." meant "final objective truth". I was unaware that I was 'offended'. I'm sorry for triggering your emotional ranting, and bullying you into Nazi solidarity. Carry on.

Meet me down Bakers Delight.  I'll buy you a Vegemite scroll and we can be friends.

2 minutes ago, sine nomine said:

Ffs there's like days to go! 

ikr! I'm already at that point where the morning postman screaming "Parcel!" gets me hype. Hopefully the physical trickles to the doormat a few days early.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kieselguhr kid said:

this forum has seen its share of embarassing pre-release threads, but this is the worst

edit: bring back the flep memes ffs

In this crazy world, I got nothing else to look forward to.

• Like 1

I love aitechre! AUTECHRE! "Second Bad Vilbel" "Vletrmx" "Second Scepe". Yesterday i fell in love with "Second Scout" amazing song. I didn't love it til yesterday. Forever now! And I turned guy onto vletrmx and i can't find him now to tell him how amazing second bad vilbel is second scepe too that synth melody in scepe is beyond genius man. goes one to the next doubled in octave. pure genius!

New stuff this month, yes! Short and sweet! Hopin for melody sean.

Signs signs everywhere signs, autechre brothers make a pneat sign.

girnamaticlaro speenka dreabin gluffnart

Edited by Alien Sugar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LemanRuss said:

Get a grip. 

And that was it.

I like your explanation but I dislike the Austrian in the picture, he killed juice