IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

not like exai, ae_live 14/16, elseq or nts sound particularly alike with the exception of certain obvious track variations / evolutions (elyc, hv moda / carefree etc).

take irlite, 14:17 into utrecht, 13x0 step and acid mwan idle... just some random examples. not really samey now, are they?

don't quite get the notion that max made em the ac/dc(wn2) of "idm". dunno.

anyhow i'm also expecting some onesix connection according to the artwork.

You're right...I did think that there is some huge variation between certain tracks on those releases. I do love them - but for whatever reason (perhaps it's a simple as the presence of obvious track variations as you wrote - you mentioned 13x0 step for example, and that has sounds that seem to share a lineage with cloudline on Exai) I was getting a sense that all of these were one big project. Not that that's bad at all...it was just the sense I got by the end of the NTS sessions. But actually, Untilted-livesets-Quaristice-Quadrange-livesets was somewhat of a similar experience over those years, though less pronounced. Since Untilted there has been slightly more overlap to my ears between certain projects. 

Anyway - if the description given by the interviewer in the above interview is anything to go by, this will be pretty different! ?  

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 1

lolled at the elseq description in that lovely little review/interview: ‘is four hours long but feels like ten’ 

lmao yes. good way of putting it. that and the ‘folders’ analogy re: recent releases vs proper albums has some weight to it, maybe not perfect but works partly. nice little write-up. hyped.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, purlieu said:

More like a review with a few quotes from Siobhan and Roisin thrown in. Amusingly, in keeping with recent discussion, it compares a few of the tracks to Exai and NTS.

true; posted the link before actually reading the whole thing and then it was too late to edit :shrug:

Do we know yet exactly where to go/listen at stream time? I’m assuming the link warp sent us but there is no sign of a player or anything atm.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Do we know yet exactly where to go/listen at stream time? I’m assuming the link warp sent us but there is no sign of a player or anything atm.

will probably be an embedded web player in the same place where the text currently is on https://autechre.warp.net/

• Thanks 1

So what's the overall opinion as to whether this will be released digitally afterwards?  Since it will be practically unavoidable, I'm guessing Slam and Ribs wouldn't want anything below 320 circulating around as the official leak. 

Edited by gl0tch

Man, I had good plans set up with a few buddies and a fire pit for first listen of this next weekend. The NTS stuff was a ton of fun on here though. I'm quite torn. Sean pls.

I usually do a full listen to all of the previous releases in the weeks leading up to a new album from the chre, but I've only made it up to Untilted and it's really grinding my groats vis a vis the OCD to listen to the stream wat do

Anyway, Untilted still slaps.