IGNORED

Autechre - SIGN 16.10.20

NewSchoolScience

So hyped. If this is like a continuation of the LIVE 16/18 jams, I'm going to be beyond stoked. 

Really love the big announcement/release only a month later deal. Wish more shit was like that. 

1 minute ago, apriorion said:

So hyped. If this is like a continuation of the LIVE 16/18 jams, I'm going to be beyond stoked. 

Really love the big announcement/release only a month later deal. Wish more shit was like that. 

Sven and Rum don't jerk their fans around - they deliver!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

No; more a case of the Japanese need an incentive to buy the higher-priced domestic version versus the cheaper import!

Yes, this was already in the thread and it doesn't make much sense. Sign CD is 2420 JPY in Japan which is roughly 19.26€. CD albums are 21€ in Finland. Why I'm not getting an extra track?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, zkom said:

Yes, this was already in the thread and it doesn't make much sense. Sign CD is 2420 JPY in Japan which is roughly 19.26€. CD albums are 21€ in Finland. Why I'm not getting an extra track?

Guessing they will shift a lot more units in Japan than Finland... How big is the finish IDM fan base?

5 minutes ago, zkom said:

I guess I should have added "historically", since exchange rates fluctuate all the time (and probably back when this was instituted, the JPN exchange rate wasn't as favourable...

Just now, Joyrex said:

I guess I should have added "historically", since exchange rates fluctuate all the time (and probably back when this was instituted, the JPN exchange rate wasn't as favourable...

Yes, that's why I was asking if it's a contractual thing with the distributor because it seems like a kind of a relic at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, zkom said:

Yes, that's why I was asking if it's a contractual thing with the distributor because it seems like a kind of a relic at this point.

Yeah, until the exchange rate (inevitably) shifts the other way... plus, just because the JPN exchange rate you're seeing right now doesn't compare to what it's being sold at retail in Japanese stores...

6 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Guessing they will shift a lot more units in Japan than Finland... How big is the finish IDM fan base?

Lol, big compared to the population, but other European nations have high prices for CDs also. To my knowledge for example France has similar prices.

For example, I used to buy video games from Japan back in the 90's (yeah, I'm old) and we easily paid 10-20% more for an import than any US equivalent game (Strider on the Genesis/Mega Drive was sooo worth it though).

1 minute ago, Joyrex said:

For example, I used to buy video games from Japan back in the 90's (yeah, I'm old) and we easily paid 10-20% more for an import than any US equivalent game (Strider on the Genesis/Mega Drive was sooo worth it though).

Well, the video and computer games prices vary still a lot even with digital distribution. If you want PC games for half the price what is usually paid then get a Steam account based in Russia.. And the poor UK guys paying the same numeric amount in UK£ as US buyers pay in dollars or mainland Europe buyers pay in euros. Although I'm not sure how much the last one is still a thing..

But CD prices are just like a couple of USD/€ here or there.

What do I care anyway, I can just get the extra track anyway.. ?‍☠️

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i like the artwork. seems fine. i'm sure it'll look good on the vinyl sleeve

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

oops. guess that crossed the line. sorry! 

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah... you wondered why you posted it - so did I :dadjoke:

Yeah dude, if you like something keep it to yourself.  This is an IDM forum.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mushroom said:

the md strider port is so janky lol...prolly was amazing at the time though

Yeah, for it's time it was. Especially compared to the Super Grafx port ? - BUT, the music on that is the best out of any Strider release (including the Arcade)

2 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

If this image represents the artwork, and the artwork represents the music, then I’m very interested in this new album.

The Cylo.. I mean Autchrean Sunset