IGNORED

Morphology - Horta Proxima

species8472

19 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Out of curiosity - I know you’re Finnish and you are an electro/techno DJ. What is your connection to and impressions of these guys? 

I've known both of them longer than Morphology has existed, we've hung around in the same social circles for a long time, they're both really nice guys and they take Morphology very seriously and work really hard at it - their live shows are all hardware and they're really skilled at what they do. There aren't that many Finnish electro acts and Morphology is way up there with the best, alongside Imatran VoimaMr. Velcro Fastener (Mesak is the solo project of Tatu Metsätähti from the Velcros), Mono Junk and New York City Survivors. There is also a very Finnish (part Swedish) subgenre of electro called Skweee, a slower, funkier style dreamed up by drunken electronic musicians, that may be of some interest, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah this is excellent. A couple of production tweaks aside it sounds like it could have come out any time in the last 20 years, but it absolutely nails the sound it's going for. Definitely worth picking up.

• Like 1

hgnnnnnhhhghghhghgh ok well i had two (or three) glasses of wine and ordered the bleep exclusives so i'll try really hard to wait for when it arrives on my doorstep. i'm sure it will be a fucking banger. 2020 has sprung to life

21 hours ago, dr lopez said:

hgnnnnnhhhghghhghgh ok well i had two (or three) glasses of wine and ordered the bleep exclusives so i'll try really hard to wait for when it arrives on my doorstep. i'm sure it will be a fucking banger. 2020 has sprung to life

Good man... but there is no Bleep exclusive version

Edited by BUNKUM

I must remind everyone here to pick up all the recent CRC eps from the last couple years. They are a must if you like these sounds. 

I really feel like Horta has transcended the boundaries of traditional electro here. Their rhythms and melodies are better than ever - and I love the little subtle changes in tempo between them. Yes, they are dealing in more traditional styles, but they have raised the bar pretty high on this one. Can’t wait to see if/how other producers in this lineage respond. They really do seem better than everyone else at this point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dcom said:

That's interesting, who would you count in besides Morphology?

Hmm. Maybe Plant43, Exaltics, ERP, Silicon Scally, Cygnus, Wee DJs.

Obviously all different shades of electro, but some of my favs.

• Like 2