IGNORED

Morphology - Horta Proxima

species8472

Solid album. The only problem I have (and had with his last album as well) is that the tracks tend to leave my memory the instant the album is finished. Maybe it needs more listens but I usually find that electro albums like this son't really stick with me.

Got this and the Traveller CD repress today. Sleeves are remarkably thin and flimsy given the extortionate price.

Quality of the music more than makes up for it though. Think I might even prefer this to Traveller. 

6 hours ago, thumbass said:

Solid album. The only problem I have (and had with his last album as well) is that the tracks tend to leave my memory the instant the album is finished. Maybe it needs more listens but I usually find that electro albums like this son't really stick with me.

Brought the CD LOL

Yeah, multiple listens are lodging plenty of these tracks in my head. Really enjoying the expansion beyond the traditional electro sound, lots of breaks and acid lines in there. Repeat plays are revealing lots of magic.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Yeah, multiple listens are lodging plenty of these tracks in my head. Really enjoying the expansion beyond the traditional electro sound, lots of breaks and acid lines in there. Repeat plays are revealing lots of magic.

No doubt. Looking forward to hearing their upcoming ep on Exalt too.

Listened to this a few times on Spotify, it's unbelievably good, just sprung for the extremely expensive 2CD version off their Bandcamp.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to pop in and say after 20+ plays of this album, it’s close to the favorite music I’ve heard this decade (only a couple years in granted, but still).

They do such a great job creating atmosphere.

• Like 2

Managed to get up to Parsec before getting interrupted by work gremlins. Absolute solid set of opening tunes executed at a high standard. Looking forward to finishing it off a bit later. 

• Like 2