IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Magic Oneohtrix Point Never

Age Of never really stuck with me but I have been playing this new one on repeat for a while now. Also it’s funny that he is using tons of drums in his tracks now, considering he used to eschew percussion completely and even went so far to say in an interview he hated snares! Nice to see him change it up.

Got to give props where its due, this is a step back up in quality from Age Of. I shouldnt have been so hasty judging the album from the fairly lame pre-release singles. I suppose they work in the context of the radio station conceit, I mean, if youre scanning thru drivetime radio, youre gonna pick up a bit of shite, and at least this is slightly weird shite.

The back half is, like plenty have said, reminiscent of R+7 and Replica, and up there with his best material.

• Like 1

in some ways, i kinda wish this was extended into a double album. at the moment it almost feels like two separate EPs. i think the concept/flow would work really well spread over 90-120 minutes, although i'm sure many would disagree ?

also while i'm here... imago is the prettiest track of the year

• Like 1

My engagement with this record fluctuates wildly with each listen. weird... probably needs more time. but yeah, it's my favourite thing he's done in a while.
Shame there aren't more interviews, he's always got some interesting ideas.

• Like 1

I finally sat with this album while i peeled ginger at 5 this morning. I’m agreeing w a lot of folks -  i’m also in love with the back half of the album a lot more than the front half

• I think both Auto & Allo and Long Road Home are cute
  • Absolutely love that verse and breakdown at the end of The Wether Channel - it’s genius
  • Not crazy abt that weeknd track - not a big deal that it’s there either
  • Standout track for me is Lost But Never Alone - it’s fucking gorgeous - really pleasantly surprised w this   
  • Nothing’s Special is also similarly gorgeous - wish it went on for a lot longer   

I agree that this would work better as a double-album, really would like for some of these tracks to go on longer and the mood of the second half extended - not sure if Danny is capable of that though, not sure how I feel abt that 

• Like 1

can't fuckn believe i forgot to comment here.
no nightmares and whether channel are opn's worst songs, and i gotta apologize to the guy who said opn is doing trap rap stuff now because he saw into the future lol. Delete those off the album, and you have a fucking incredible indie/electronic album.
bow ecco, imago, tales from the trash stratum, ambien1, it's got sooooo much for fans of replica/r+7. It's brought back the sample heavy aspects of replica, the weird unpredictable parts of r+7 all while having a higher audio quality than either.
and shit like long road home, lost but never alone, i don't love me, oh my goooooooood these are such fucking BANGERS. I love them. They're still weird enough for me to still enjoy them for their slightly odder aspects, while being accessible enough for me to send to my friends unashamedly. Seriously, opn keeps fucking winning.
I personally am pretty sad this one didn't have an extended universe like GoD and Age Of, but it's still conceptual enough for me to think the ideas are interesting past the music itself. Such a fucking good album and really made my year honestly. I've had it on repeat since it came out.

13 hours ago, fumi said:

Japanese edition arrived today. Scans below.

Think I could get a rip of ambein1 so i don't have to rely on the youtube upload of it?

imagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine itimagine it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewYorkNowhere said:

Oh, also, where can I pick up a japanese edition?

I normally get the digital bonus tracks of Warp stuff by buying it through ototoy - https://ototoy.jp/_/default/p/626482

EDIT: sshiiiiaaaaattt, I forgot they geoblocked purchases a little while ago. Sorry, ignore this !

I ordered this tape a bit too stoned, forgot to log in and can't track it. It's still not here and the money is gone, should probably contact bleep? altho postal services are fucked atm anyways, covid

55 minutes ago, chronical said:

I ordered this tape a bit too stoned, forgot to log in and can't track it. It's still not here and the money is gone, should probably contact bleep? altho postal services are fucked atm anyways, covid

Did you order it with the vinyl? Or just by itself? The vinyl has been delayed, so that may be the issue.

27 minutes ago, NewYorkNowhere said:

Did you order it with the vinyl? Or just by itself? The vinyl has been delayed, so that may be the issue.

Just the cassette! I think people got those already.