IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Magic Oneohtrix Point Never

1 hour ago, SeparateHold said:

WE NEED MORE OPN BREAKCORE DAN!!! DAAAAAAN!!!

(Kid606) offered his unsolicited advice afterwards.

“I remember him leaning over,” explains Lopatin, “and screaming ‘good set but you gotta get rid of that Juno and looper act.’ I was so offended; I was like, ‘This is my SHIT. What is your shit? Breakcore?’ 

• Haha 6
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, SeparateHold said:
6 hours ago, SeparateHold said:

WE NEED MORE OPN BREAKCORE DAN!!! DAAAAAAN!!!

“I remember him leaning over,” explains Lopatin, “and screaming ‘good set but you gotta get rid of that Juno and looper act.’ I was so offended; I was like, ‘This is my SHIT. What is your shit? Breakcore?’ 

its interesting because what he's doing kinda feels like it goes against the sophie quote he has on his website

https://pointnever.com/

just checked it randomly today and saw that, fond memories!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
20 hours ago, xxx said:

Where is ol Danny Boy? Post-40 blues hitting? He must be fully switched over to soundtracks or something. 

yeah he's produced a bunch of albums. the weeknd, soccer mommy and weyes blood, to name a few. he also did some soundtracking for a couple fashion houses and some netflix thing.

more interestingly, though, he did a few live dates of re-imagined rifts era material. what i heard sounded nuts. i think there were talks of a possible live album but not sure if that was all bollocks?

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 7:31 PM, SeparateHold said:

That quote is so on point for me. I played at a show/mini-festival at 93 feet East (I think it was there!?) around a similar time and they both played too. Kid606 was a total arsehole, Oneohtrix was a stellar person.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:14 PM, Reid_Malenfant said:

That quote is so on point for me. I played at a show/mini-festival at 93 feet East (I think it was there!?) around a similar time and they both played too. Kid606 was a total arsehole, Oneohtrix was a stellar person.

used to fucking love those free gigs (on a wednesday?) at 93 feet east. Where I first saw Goodiepal and a bunch of other stellar acts.

Any of your music online?

• 2 weeks later...

Well no need to belabor the point but it turns out that Dawn FM is a hell of an album really. There is even a Lopatin mix of the title track so I chucked that into the album. In a way, if you subtract the obvious pop and R&B elements, it's a more well-behaved "Magic OPN". Particularly, "Every Angel Is Terrifying". It could be a straight outtake from the album really. The deluxe artwork further clinches it. Not sure if opn was behind it but it's hitting all his New Age/sci-fi/retro notes. Cheers to 7digital for having 24-bit FLAC for just $12.99

NTAtMzYwNC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Daaaang, there was an 0pn Tweet in Kennylogg's post that said something like "new album 2023" but it looks like it's gone? I was reflecting on '23 being 58% over and really wanted some fresh Mr. Lopa Lopa. He skews late summer/fall with release months going August, November and October across the past 10 years so we'll see. 

On 7/4/2023 at 2:20 AM, xxx said:

Daaaang, there was an 0pn Tweet in Kennylogg's post that said something like "new album 2023" but it looks like it's gone? I was reflecting on '23 being 58% over and really wanted some fresh Mr. Lopa Lopa. He skews late summer/fall with release months going August, November and October across the past 10 years so we'll see. 

It is still on his Instagram !

Screenshot_20230705-081149.thumb.png.9d3e1a5b5eb9fa1542e6f6e444526441.png

An album based on his Rebuild lives would be amazing, I guess it would also be a way for him celebrate this point in his career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

the thread bump reminded me that this album is miles ahead Again from last year for me. Far less annoying while being just as creative, if not more so.