IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Magic Oneohtrix Point Never

38 minutes ago, NewYorkNowhere said:

He didn't tell anyone they were mcdonalds commercials and the samples were nearly unrecognizable

Sure, but it's common knowledge now - surely word got around to them.  Granted, it wouldn't exactly be good PR for them to gripe about it at this point.   It's certainly not hurting them any, and it gives McD's better street cred.  That's prob why they've chosen to leave it be.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Saturday morning cartoons on the family television set in 1982 after a full night on a heavy dose of acid and now firmly believing that magic is real, turning down the sound on the set and putting a Tomita record on instead. 

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll get put through the ringer for this, but...

Why in the hell is there not an official OPN subforum? Surely by now he's established himself as a genuinely weird electronic guy in the vein that this site is dedicated to? I mean, perhaps he doesn't want there to be a subforum dedicated to the discourse of his work, and that would be fine, to respect his wishes, but I mean come on. 

Elipses. 

• Like 6

Few electronic artists have been as exciting to me as OPN, ever since I first got that altered version of "Rifts" (the one with artwork by Kom-on-pax or whatever his name was) back in 2009. 

7 minutes ago, canzoniere vaticano said:

Thanks! My immediate reaction - "huh." Not really moving the needle for me, It's pretty I guess but I'm not into the vocals.

Hoping the rest of the album leans in more on the weird side.

Info on the album:
image.png.3153f6dda7e3c6ce9565ac0cbb138ea4.png

29 minutes ago, canzoniere vaticano said:

Art for the single
t535543224_s400.jpg.f2520fb66d6d5dafdc370abe872846f7.jpg

This track is gorgeous imo, very very very excited.  The list of tracks isn't done either, we at the opn discord are working very hard on uncovering as much info as we can.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, NewYorkNowhere said:

He's had vocals on his music since atleast 2009.

I know, but the way he uses his vocals has definitely changed over the years. It used to be mostly samplework, wich was fine. But as the albums progressed he started using uncut vocals in his trakcs and I'm not too nog of a fan of that honestly. Wasn't into Age Of at all for example.

• Like 2

Even before age of, he had tracks like "returnal" or "It's taking pictures from another place" that are entirely vocally led. And personally I don't mind the change. He's using his voice as another instrument, manipulating and processing it in interesting ways.

7 minutes ago, thumbass said:

nog

My 12 Favorite Things About ChristmasNog?

• Like 1

I don't know if I like the tune, I don't dislike it either. Black Snow was a proper grower so we'll see. Anyway, not sure I'm representative of the average OPN fan, huge Replicas fanboy.

4 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

sounds ok, I still miss the wild experimentation and playfulness from r+7, commissions, god etc though..

I do admit that I kind of wish he'd go back to those rougher sounds. I'm loving this glossy immaculate sound, but nothing will those that for me.

Give me more of what's teased on that Instagram preview! I respect what he's doing with the poppier, more refined sound but my personal preferences lean toward the weird, experimental, retro sounds. The teaser gave me some Odd Nosdam vibes. 

I'm sure this will be like Age Of, where everything sounds better in context when listening to the album.

Edited by Friendly Stranger

12 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

I'm sure this will be like Age Of, where everything sounds better in context when listening to the album.

The sounds teased so far in the single and trailer already give me MAJOR age of vibes. This is gonna be Age Of 2: Age Of Magic.

• Like 1