IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Magic Oneohtrix Point Never

4 hours ago, manmower said:

So, uh, does no one even talk about Rifts anymore? :cerious:

Older fans and those who knew of him as another synth DIY/underground figure back in the day. I actually still find it wild that I see newer fans, especially people who listen to indie music or more mainstream stuff, gravitate to his WARP stuff and/or consider anything before that his "old/early" stuff. He's been around awhile now. 

• Like 1

Since Age Of he's certainly moved in a more indie/mainstream direction. I guess you can travel with him on the journey or not. IDM/instrumental purists will struggle with it.

I watched the documentary on the creation of Uncut Gems, and he does come across as a very likeable, down to earth but very talented dude. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:
  • Since Age Of he's certainly moved in a more indie/mainstream direction. I guess you can travel with him on the journey or not. IDM/instrumental purists will struggle with it.
  • I watched the documentary on the creation of Uncut Gems, and he does come across as a very likeable, down to earth but very talented dude. 

dan is super grounded and has a great sense of humour. really happy for his success - dude deserves it!

i'd recommend checking out his RBMA interview to anyone who hasn't already. real insightful and the guy knows his stuff re. music, art and philosophy

• Like 2

I preordered the tape and the orange lp so I hope it is good lol. I always tend to get a bit obsessive about a new OPN album around the time it's released, but some if them stick with me better over time than others.

So far I am hopeful for this one, although I hope it doesn't go too much in the hyperpop direction tbh.

PS: We'll Take It is a banger

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Video is mediocre. I still don't understand how this track fits in with the description of the album posted a pages back. I'm hoping it will be a lot weirder. Also, as someone mentioned, OPN should stop with the auto-tune, trap style vocals. They absolutely suck. It's not the first time they've ruined a perfectly fine track. This was (by far) my main problem with Garden of Delete.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fumi said:

Video is mediocre. I still don't understand how this track fits in with the description of the album posted a pages back. I'm hoping it will be a lot weirder. Also, as someone mentioned, OPN should stop with the auto-tune, trap style vocals. They absolutely suck. It's not the first time they've ruined a perfectly fine track. This was (by far) my main problem with Garden of Delete.

Yeah, track is pretty decent otherwise. But if there's gonna be a bunch of auto-tuned vocals on this, count me out.

On 9/27/2020 at 1:30 AM, joshuatxuk said:

Older fans and those who knew of him as another synth DIY/underground figure back in the day. I actually still find it wild that I see newer fans, especially people who listen to indie music or more mainstream stuff, gravitate to his WARP stuff and/or consider anything before that his "old/early" stuff. He's been around awhile now. 

I dunno, rift to me showed promise, but even back in the day, I respected rift, return, replica, but never loved it. that said, i should probably revisit almost 10 years later lol

BUT

when R plus seven dropped, DAMN. that was quite special indeed. nobody even today really tried to replicate that album, it was and still is so unique. 

Edited by Ayya Khema