IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/166-country-of-liars/id941907967?i=1000491740644

a friend sent me this podcast. pretty amazing background on 8chan and Q-anon. gets into some real William Gibson type scenarios. bizarre and funny and nuts.

was going to post it in the america or trump threads but it seems worth of its own since it's more internet insanity than anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Robbie Martin (Fluorescent Grey) was on Tim Heidecker's stream talking about Q and QAnon: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/119-emergency-nighttime-office-hours-with-robbie-martin/id1153746716?i=1000485585041

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the thing i found funny about it is it's really typical internet forum type bullshit and nonsense that was expanded to a wider audience (boomers) who just weren't savy about these kinds of things and ate it up via facebook groups etc and were enlisted in the 'cause'... it's fucking slapstick. the guy who started 8chan is a gem. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/166-country-of-liars/id941907967?i=1000491740644

a friend sent me this podcast. pretty amazing background on 8chan and Q-anon. gets into some real William Gibson type scenarios. bizarre and funny and nuts.

thanks for this. was aware of fredrick and his creation of 8chan was but not aware of those other characters. 

in a way, this was interesting because at one point, it seems like a nefarious plot to create something that begins a movement, but soon you realize it's just a bumbling group of conspiracy theorists who spawned their own mythos then lost control of the narrative

• Like 1

Just now, cichlisuite said:

Qanon always struck me as some sort of intelligence operation.

psyops. from the right or russia.. or a troll. 

after the silk road dread pirate roberts fiasco and ross ulbricht being the patsy for that.. i assumed Q could really be anyone. it's easy enough to fool people on the internet. 

in political disinfo it's common to preempt a subject with your own messaging. if you can anticipate a coming attack, you can fill the heads of your constituency with your talking points on the subject long before they ever even hear the attack. then, when they learn whatever it is, they're ready to dispute it, as trained, like a cult member.

qanon, i can't help but notice, introduces manufactured narratives about child trafficking, about trump, and about flynn. coincidentally, this serves to insulate trump, as well as russia, and it covers up the link between the two.

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:32 PM, Braintree said:

Robbie Martin (Fluorescent Grey) was on Tim Heidecker's stream talking about Q and QAnon: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/119-emergency-nighttime-office-hours-with-robbie-martin/id1153746716?i=1000485585041

Nice, I need to see what he's been up too. Not surprised Media Roots Radio has always been insightful and tenacious in that kind of reporting. Abbey Martin has been on JRE and I think on Heidecker's show as well. 

Worst Year Ever (Behind the Bastards spinoff) did a great episode with an expert on Aum Shinrikyo who has seen parallels to QAnon. She was a bit stiff but informative and totally predicted how influential and dangerous QAnon was going to become over a year ago. She mentioned how crazy the Aum Shinrikyo era hysteria was, I knew of the bombing but apparently it reached a fair number of citizens as a movement.

TrueAnon has been all over coverage of the actual Epstein scandals and connection. Another Bay area podcast.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

psyops. from the right or russia.. or a troll. 

after the silk road dread pirate roberts fiasco and ross ulbricht being the patsy for that.. i assumed Q could really be anyone. it's easy enough to fool people on the internet. 

12 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Qanon always struck me as some sort of intelligence operation.

It's both? Governments and political movements rarely create stuff like this from scratch, they instead co-opt, appropriate and exploit existing movements. This is no different, it's just had a greatly accelerated timeline. 

• Like 1

The original Medium article that laid out all of the evidence for this a few weeks ago is a great read.

https://medium.com/@registrarproject17/jim-watkins-is-q-the-russians-are-helping-him-and-other-adventures-b457848e210b

And the followup from the next day:

https://medium.com/@registrarproject17/qanon-is-an-enormous-alternate-reality-game-arg-run-by-malevolent-puppetmasters-27e6b098ce9b

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 2

I don't get this Qanon spin, if anyone in American politics at the moment has obvious connections to this sort of pedo child trafficking it's Donald Trump, the president? He doesn't even try to hide it, but istead of going after him some random bozo (who just happens to run a site where CP is posted) posts "look over there" online and people keep fucking falling for it. :catbleed:

Edited by Silent Member

On 9/30/2020 at 2:21 PM, milkface said:

Conspiracy theories are for schizophrenic fascists.

I think these used to more prevalent in the leftist movements but since the alt-right shit came up it's more of a far right thing now. But for sure nazis and fascists and other far right political groups have used the conspiracy theories a lot in the past.

What I've read and seen so far the Q thing is so fucking incredibly batshit crazy and stupid it's more like litmus test on how unhinged from reality a person is. Something like the Trutherism is still within some kind of realm of possibility, though very unlikely, but the Q stories are just so fucking bizarre that they would barely pass as a science fiction movie script. Very strange to see people who you thought were relatively sane fall for this shit, but I have to say, they sort of tend to be of a certain type: highly gullible and prone to magical thinking, etc.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, zkom said:

I think these used to more prevalent in the leftist movements but since the alt-right shit came up it's more of a far right thing now. But for sure nazis and fascists and other far right political groups have used the conspiracy theories a lot in the past.

What I've read and seen so far the Q thing is so fucking incredibly batshit crazy and stupid it's more like litmus test on how unhinged from reality a person is. Something like the Trutherism is still within some kind of realm of possibility, though very unlikely, but the Q stories are just so fucking bizarre that they would barely pass as a science fiction movie script. Very strange to see people who you thought were relatively sane fall for this shit, but I have to say, they sort of tend to be of a certain type: highly gullible and prone to magical thinking, etc.

Questioning manufactured consent in the form of false flag attacks and revealing proven government experiments etc (left wing) =/= ExPosiNG tHe Evil ComMunist ZionIST CapiTalist EliTe FreeMasonz PedoPhile Gay MusliMM PolitiCian BillIonarez (right wing bone heads)

Edited by milkface

1 minute ago, milkface said:

Questioning manufactured consent and, proven government experiments etc. =/= ExPosiNG tHe Evil ComMunist ZionIST CapiTalist EliTe FreeMasonz PedoPhile Gay MusliMM PolitiCian BillIonarez

Things like the chemtrail bullshit that I heard was mostly coming from left leaning people. Also the local leftist newspaper published HIV conspiracy theories for some fucking reason. Which makes some weird sense because a lot of the early AIDS conspiracy theories actually originated from the Soviet Union and were fed to west through left leaning publications, see Operation INFEKTION https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_INFEKTION