IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

Just now, trying to be less rude said:

dude stop transforming what i said into something you want to attack. i already addressed your interpretation vs the intended meaning on the page 13. i stand by what i said and you do not get to tell me what i meant. i guess i should have phrased it differently so as to not trigger you so hard. 

LOL it's either a small operation or a potent new power that effected change on an industrial scale. Choose and stand by your point.

Wylie is an opportunist. His history is sketch as fuck, and he's simply in it for the dollar/fame.

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

He started his own company (which couldn't deliver on his promises - he tried a pilot project for a Candian political party and did not receive the actual contract), and is pushing a book. Sure sounds like a tremendous cost. Did he face any jail time or financial penalty for illegally using the Facebook data?

these are weak narratives you're delivering. this is me telling you i think you're buying agendaed narratives.

6 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

LOL it's either a small operation or a potent new power that effected change on an industrial scale. Choose and stand by your point.

Wylie is an opportunist. His history is sketch as fuck, and he's simply in it for the dollar/fame.

You waste a lot of my time by offloading responsibility of making you understand. Honestly Chengo I'm running out of patience. you have taken hours of my life trying to force you to understand things that I've already explained.

it's a potent methodology that scales and was demonstrated  by ca. i'm sorry but it's possible to demonstrate a methodology that works at industrial scale while being a relatively small operation. get it?

Edited by trying to be less rude

1 minute ago, trying to be less rude said:

these are weak narratives

These are not narratives - they are fact. Easy to look up the contract with the Canadian political party, his book is out there, and it's relatively easy to look up his past. It's also easy to see that he hasn't faced any jail time or financial penalty, so I'm not sure what the "tremendous cost" has been to him besides getting his facebook account closed down...which is probably a plus?

10 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

you have taken hours of my life

Has this conversation amounted to hours of our lives? Fuck, we're deep in the matrix now. Dude, breathe, and just put me on ignore or something.

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

he hasn't faced any jail time or financial penalty, so I'm not sure what the "tremendous cost" has been to him

here you are slandering him online and making me explain to you the cost of his going whistleblower.

his book describes some of the cost, at the end. if you're interested.

25 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

here you are slandering him online and making me explain to you the cost of his going whistleblower.

his book describes some of the cost, at the end. if you're interested.

Sure, lay it one me, but don't take hours from your life please.

• Haha 1

lots of great talking points here- especially the first one that purports "evolution teaches survival of the fittest, and what is that? that's bullying" and the guy that likens "reading facts and figures" and "trusting the science" to behaving like a cockatoo

• Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

An interesting article on David Icke, who is definitely a precursor to this whole shit: http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/27b/132.html

dude.. that guy is fucked. 

https://davidicke.com

also, 

Is a new kind of religion forming on the internet?

Algorithms are surfacing content that combines Christian ideas like prosperity gospel with New Age and non-Western spirituality — along with some conspiracy theories.

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/22832827/manifesting-tiktok-astroworld-conspiracy-qanon-religion

• Like 2

Maybe we're overdue for a "dummy" revolution like this.  I mean, if you think about it, if you take a sample size as large as the population of a large country and assume any personality or intelligence trait follows a Gaussian distribution across the population (which is a pretty good assumption), there's going to be 50% of the people below average on that trait.  We've had a good, long run of the competent people being in charge (perhaps they were selfish or exhibited other negative traits, but they were at least competent in building and running a country).

I think in the past, the dummies never rose to power because they lacked the ability to rise to the top of the social structure, and that was really the only way to really effect change.  Seems that the internet has provided a means for the dummies to band together (or be manipulated by more intelligent people into banding together) to effect change of their own.

Seems like they might start to get seats at the table and turns at the wheel.  :crazy:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

David Icke is fucked for sure.

From that article you linked:

Call it the religion of “just asking questions.” Or the religion of “doing your own research.”

That's the problem right there. I'm dumb as a rock, but at least i'm not conducting research through facebook naturopath groups.

That's a really good article - thanks for sharing.

I should read all of this thread but I’ve only just dipped in and out. So I finally watched 4 documentaries on this (bbc, nbc, cnn and maybe a vice one) so I’ve got a good idea what it’s all about. Usually I’m up to speed on things like this Q-Anon, but I’ve worked during all of covid in a stressful environment, I’ve had family issues to deal with and I’ve also been not well for many months (thankfully almost 100% now) and just haven’t had the strength or patience to tolerate all this Q-Anon nonsense, as I said there are a couple of people at work (I think a there’s a few more I have suspicions about but they keep it quiet from me because I may of been vocal in the past to them, without me realising they are in it) also I’m afraid, I’m suspicious my sisters partner of 24 years is in it, again he keeps hush about it in front of me but there was one Christmas about 8 years ago he started banging on about chemtrails (usually a first sign, I’ve heard about chemtrails since 2000 it’s not big fucking revelatory news for me mate, and I thought it was a joke back then) oddly enough and which prompted me to write this he started attending David Icke sermons (a sure sign a person is flying over the cuckoo nest) both of them are obvious anti vaxxers. As chenGOD says Icke is definitely a precursor to all of this, the man’s a fucking lunatic (he was a top flight footballer and then on a talk show, casually and out of the blue said he was a prophet the Son of The Godhead). So anyway all my dear old mum wants is a normal Christmas but you know they are even refusing to get tested before coming round. Ahhhhhhhh. When I was watching the documentaries I was also thinking of the other watmm thread The Effect Of Social Media On Our Minds and this definitely on the same tangent. Once upon a time to be brainwashed by a cult I guess you had to be unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (or just in sunny California in the late 60s). Now every gullible idiot with an internet connection is a sitting duck.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 4

On 12/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, Alcofribas said:

your honor I submit to the court these slanderous and libelous posts by chengo on watmm dot com. 

*indicating in direction of person referred to herein as chengo*

@baph

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ignatius said:

Might want to get some anthrax vaccines before the anthrax gets a chance to spread and mutate into omicron anthrax, because then the big QAnons would have to ask their QAnon-peeps to go in lockdown or to start wearing anthrax-face-masks. ?

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 4

interesting video conference on influence operations from the Atlantic Council, including discussion of the lag between disinfo innovation and innovation on the side of dealing with it

"By definition, open-source research is only as good as the sources of information that are openly available. But that has become more complicated than ever: platforms reducing what is accessible through API access and search capabilities; bad actors moving their operations from public online forums to messaging apps and less accessible online communities; entire countries going offline as governments block social media access to prevent the public from sharing what’s happening on the ground. Is it possible for open-source researchers to overcome this challenge, or do we have to start approaching our research differently – and at what potential cost?"

On 12/23/2021 at 10:28 AM, randomsummer said:

Wow, that Evidence certainly was Scary.  I love how these Morons capitalize words for Emphasis.

Ha. 

You know, it's really clear how biased all these liberal hippie professor types are: they penalize conservative students with poor grades just because they're illiterate. It's disgusting, really. Scary, to say the least.