IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

facebook banned qanon

Starting today, we will remove any Facebook Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts representing QAnon, even if they contain no violent content. This is an update from the initial policy in August that removed Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts associated with QAnon when they discussed potential violence while imposing a series of restrictions to limit the reach of other Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts associated with the movement. Pages, Groups and Instagram accounts that represent an identified Militarized Social Movement are already prohibited. And we will continue to disable the profiles of admins who manage Pages and Groups removed for violating this policy, as we began doing in August.

https://about.fb.com/news/2020/08/addressing-movements-and-organizations-tied-to-violence/

Oh shit, the conspiracy must be real then.

I mean good riddance, but this will only fuel the fire of those already invested.

11 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Oh shit, the conspiracy must be real then.

I mean good riddance, but this will only fuel the fire of those already invested.

you're right. here is another accurate video they tried to censor because it exposed "the truth"

On 9/30/2020 at 11:36 AM, Silent Member said:

I don't get this Qanon spin, if anyone in American politics at the moment has obvious connections to this sort of pedo child trafficking it's Donald Trump, the president? He doesn't even try to hide it, but istead of going after him some random bozo (who just happens to run a site where CP is posted) posts "look over there" online and people keep fucking falling for it. :catbleed:

Of course his arrogance and willingness to look the other way is exactly why they are flattering him by naming him as a future Messiah. Thus their site has not been taken down yet (which it should have been). He's a stupid fucking vain cunt.

• Like 1

TrueAnon mentioned earlier in this thread, an Epstein oriented leftist podcast.  They have a good episode on the distributed and strange nature of the QAnon cult and how it takes on new forms on different types of social media like TikTok:

Edited by cyanobacteria

big oof. 

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/usps-special-agents-raided-home-of-qanon-aligned-mail-carrier-who-allegedly-hoarded-and-threw-out-several-bags-of-undelivered-mail/

USPS Special Agents Raided Home of QAnon-aligned Mail Carrier Who Allegedly Hoarded and Threw Out Several Bags of Undelivered Mail

This stuff (for want of a better word) has recently been bleeping on my radar. Weirdly enough I’ve just been talking to a good friend and he was telling me about it, and then this thread has appeared on watmm. I’ll read tomorrow.

Once Jadeja found QAnon he was quickly sucked in. He would spend time on websites that aggregated posts supposedly from Q, which often first appear on darker corners of the internet like 8kun. Then he'd move on to read the interpretations of those posts from other believers. These interpretations are popular among the QAnon community because posts from "Q" are often so vague that they can be read in any number of ways. The tactic tends to lure in supporters the way fraudulent psychics can — there's little solid information given, so almost anything can be taken as confirmation of a pronouncement by "Q."

He went down the QAnon rabbit hole for almost two years. Here's how he got out (CNN)

I'm not not saying the American dream is turning into a dystopian sci fi / horror movie, but it is and I am and everything is fuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Silent Member said:

I'm not not saying the American dream is turning into a dystopian sci fi / horror movie, but it is and I am and everything is fuck

USA has long been on the road to dystopian horror. i'm still waiting for the sci fi part though.

As someone who tends to get asked a lot about conspiracy theories, the first thing I’ve learned is to not dismiss them outright. If you want to engage someone on conspiracy theories, you have to start from a place of trust. That doesn’t mean you have to agree with anything, but present yourself as someone who has an open mind. It’s often sometimes of strategic value to simply respond that it’s possible or that you’ll check it out. Anyone who subscribes to these beliefs already has a significant emotional investment in the topic. For all of QAnon’s partisan hatred and thinly veiled anti-Semitic dog whistles, it is also a narrative of child abduction and abuse by people in power. In the minds of QAnon devotees, to dismiss such (far-fetched, unproven) stories out of hand may imply that you’re dismissive of the problem of abuse itself.

[...]

This is also an important part of the allure of a conspiracy theory — it invites a strange kind of optimism about human agency. There’s something perversely soothing about a conspiracy theory, even one utterly malignant and diabolical, because it presupposes a world without chaos or randomness. Conspiracists believe in these theories because they think they’re true, in part, but also because they find them, on some level, reassuring. And this is perhaps more essential to understand than the actual mechanisms of the conspiracy theory itself because once an idea is providing important moral pleasure, it rarely matters how ludicrous the suppositions are.

How to Talk to a Conspiracy Theorist (Gen/Medium)

Because conspiracy theories become fused with people’s political and cultural identities, debating a true believer can be counterproductive. “While debunking or fact-checking are valuable, they aren’t going to move someone who feels a sense of significance through absorbing and promoting esoteric but baseless theories,” says Travis View, a host of the QAnon Anonymous podcast, which has tracked the movement since its early days. Constantly fact-checking conspiracy theories can harden the other side’s views or make people feel attacked. It’s also a quick way to grow exhausted and give up. Asking questions tends to be more productive.

How to Talk to Friends and Family Who Share Conspiracy Theories (NYT [paywalled])

I lack the patience required to entertain such people (as you might have already concluded), but there are probably some who need to manage their social environment more circumspectly.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

Has anyone here heard of Cult 48? 
I tried to make a thread about it but it was taken down. Is it a WATMM related group that the admins are trying to keep quiet or something? Really mysterious.

3 hours ago, omnii said:

Has anyone here heard of Cult 48? 
I tried to make a thread about it but it was taken down. Is it a WATMM related group that the admins are trying to keep quiet or something? Really mysterious.

Never heard of it but I saw a thread in the music discussion forum about it...?