IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

posted these in the biden thread but i just want to put them here, too

there was already really good evidence that q is the watkins family, who run the 8kun forum (not a deep state employee). evidence to this effect i think has been posted in this thread already

this new post by ron watkins on telegram may be as close as we can get to confirmation. prominent journalists on the disinfo beat have said it probably is the case.

personally, i wonder what russia may have to do with it. they like to push this kind of thing. did they contribute? was watkins coordinating with sketchy entities that may have been russian intel? was he compensated by such, in connection with this? was he leveraged into allowing and participating in this?

trump sent the mob to the capitol but not the national guard, and for hours denied the pleas of his advisors to intercede in the armed storming of the capitol by violent nuts. this was part of a coup attempt.

Edited by very honest

1 hour ago, very honest said:

posted these in the biden thread but i just want to put them here, too

there was already really good evidence that q is the watkins family, who run the 8kun forum (not a deep state employee). evidence to this effect i think has been posted in this thread already

this new post by ron watkins on telegram may be as close as we can get to confirmation. prominent journalists on the disinfo beat have said it probably is the case.

personally, i wonder what russia may have to do with it. they like to push this kind of thing. did they contribute? was watkins coordinating with sketchy entities that may have been russian intel? was he compensated by such, in connection with this? was he leveraged into allowing and participating in this?

this is like when internet trolls tell people to commit suicide. people died. we're lucky the storming of the capitol wasn't worse. trump sent the mob to the capitol but not the national guard, and for hours denied the pleas of his advisors to intercede in the armed storming of the capitol by violent nuts. this was part of a coup attempt.

It was the Watkins boys, maybe fishing for a reality show on the new Trump News Network?

One reason that conspiracy theories find fertile ground in the human mind has to do with epistemology — the philosophy of how we know what we know (or think we do). Because any individual can know only a tiny sliver of the world firsthand, we have no choice but to accept a great deal of information we can’t verify for ourselves. Most people believe (correctly) that Antarctica is very cold and populated with penguins, despite never having been there. The assumptions and cognitive shortcuts we use to decide what’s true make sense most of the time, but they also leave the door open for bad information, including conspiracy theories.

[...]

Social and emotional factors are likely at play as well. “People are most susceptible to conspiracy theories when particular psychological needs are frustrated,” Douglas says. “Specifically, people need knowledge and certainty to feel safe, secure and in control, and to feel good about themselves and the social groups they belong to.” When these needs are unmet — say, amidst the fear and uncertainty of a global pandemic — conspiracy theories might seem to offer consolation, Douglas says.

The enduring allure of conspiracies (NiemanLab)

new q-anon theory 

Over the weekend, QAnon groups on Gab and Telegram, where most QAnon supporters have found a home since they were kicked off Twitter and Parler was de-platformed, commenters have been sharing documents describing the 1871 act, claiming it proves that Trump will be sworn in on March 4.

The source for this date is the fact that 1937 was also the year when inaugurations were changed from March 4 to Jan. 20 — to shorten the lame-duck period of outgoing presidents. QAnon followers believe that Trump will become the president of the original republic, and not the corporation that they believe the 1871 act created.

also, some supporters of big T have filed a lawsuit "to bar President Biden from enacting any further executive orders on the basis that he is not a legitimate president" with the following demands:

The Disputed President is hereby enjoined from signing any further Executive Orders without first submitting the order first to this Court for approval and that all Trump executive orders reversed by Biden should automatically go back into effect. The lawsuit also demands that the entire 2020 presidential election be thrown out so that a new election can be held.

full court filing here

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-2650128402/

• Facepalm 2

6 hours ago, Nebraska said:

new q-anon theory 

also, some supporters of big T have filed a lawsuit "to bar President Biden from enacting any further executive orders on the basis that he is not a legitimate president" with the following demands:

full court filing here

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-2650128402/

This shit needs the ability to multiple emoji react.... :facepalm::lol::trashbear:

• Farnsworth 1

Paul Petersen, a Republican who served as Maricopa County assessor for six years and also worked as an adoption attorney, was sentenced to six years after pleading guilty in federal court in Arkansas to conspiring to commit human smuggling.

Petersen, who has acknowledged running the adoption scheme, is awaiting sentencing in state courts in Arizona for fraud convictions and in Utah for human smuggling and other convictions. Sentencing dates have not yet been set for those cases. Prosecutors have said Petersen illegally paid women from the Pacific island nation to give up their babies in at least 70 adoption cases in Arizona, Utah and Arkansas. Marshall Islands citizens have been prohibited from traveling to the U.S. for adoption purposes since 2003.

https://apnews.com/article/arkansas-arizona-phoenix-prisons-marshall-islands-614479d70838e09344f154f3e31f5936

turns out a republican was actually involved in pizzagate

my roommate sits on telegram all day and reads all this crazy shit. he's super into it, seems like they give you this "inner circle" feeling where you hold meetings like the FBI. last week he told me the capitol being stormed was all done by antifa-biden supporters dressed up as trump fans. mind you this is happening in the swiss mountains/countryside. It's extremely worrying how far these channels go

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, chronical said:

my roommate sits on telegram all day and reads all this crazy shit. he's super into it, seems like they give you this "inner circle" feeling where you hold meetings like the FBI. last week he told me the capitol being stormed was all done by antifa-biden supporters dressed up as trump fans. mind you this is happening in the swiss mountains/countryside. It's extremely worrying how far these channels go

it's just such an insane line to take from the whole thing. "antifa did it!" 

it's all crazy. if the thing they see w/their own eyes isn't good for them then it's a lie to support their narrative. "biden won the election but it's only a show. they're faking it for appearances because they made a deal not to get arrested for child sex trafficking. Trump is running a shadow presidency because they decided it would tear the country apart if all the dems went to jail!"

oh totally, that sounds true!

if i was in the Swiss mountains/countryside and my friend/roommate was saying this i'd have to snap him to the present for a moment by pinching him or something then i'd grip his arm really firmly and tell him it's all bullshit and buying into any of it means that he is actually retarded. like full retarded and stupid. i'd then tell him that i know we're not supposed to use the R word anymore but in this case it's necessary to make an impression on just how fucking stupid he is. then i'd start looking for a new place to live or kick him out. 

Edited by ignatius

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

it's just such an insane line to take from the whole thing. "antifa did it!" 

it's all crazy. if the thing they see w/their own eyes isn't good for them then it's a lie to support their narrative. "biden won the election but it's only a show. they're faking it for appearances because they made a deal not to get arrested for child sex trafficking. Trump is running a shadow presidency because they decided it would tear the country apart if all the dems went to jail!"

oh totally, that sounds true!

I get the critique on politicians but it's wasted on qFolk.

Trump was an aquaintance of Epstein, lied about not knowing his name, IIRC he was even connected to the Panama Papers. That and so much more should make it obvious that he's not the good guy here. I guess paranoia can go a long way.  It just worries me where all this is going – This influences punks on the street shouting ACAB, hippie healer women, my grandpa in Italy watching TV, young people on the net.. You'd have to almost deprogram them like they do with cults. Except they think you're the cult.. lol

12 minutes ago, chronical said:

I get the critique on politicians but it's wasted on qFolk.

Trump was an aquaintance of Epstein, lied about not knowing his name, IIRC he was even connected to the Panama Papers. That and so much more should make it obvious that he's not the good guy here. I guess paranoia can go a long way.  It just worries me where all this is going – This influences punks on the street shouting ACAB, hippie healer women, my grandpa in Italy watching TV, young people on the net.. You'd have to almost deprogram them like they do with cults. Except they think you're the cult.. lol

oh totally. i mean, i'm not saying i would call them all retarded. just if the person was living under same roof as me. trumpers identifying with trump is classic con man stuff. he did the jedi mind trick that he knows how to do. he showed them he's just like them even though he despises them. give them permission to be awful out loud. etc etc. but the fact that people really bought the "he's a business man" shtick is very frustrating. 

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

if i was in the Swiss mountains/countryside and my friend/roommate was saying this i'd have to snap him to the present for a moment by pinching him or something then i'd grip his arm really firmly and tell him it's all bullshit and buying into any of it means that he is actually retarded. like full retarded and stupid. 

doing this would be inneffective at best and most likely counterproductive. put yourself in that guy's shoes for a minute: would you question your views if someone talked to you like that? i certainly wouldn't and i'd probably think you were a right cunt

13 minutes ago, ignatius said:

oh totally. i mean, i'm not saying i would call them all retarded. just if the person was living under same roof as me. trumpers identifying with trump is classic con man stuff. he did the jedi mind trick that he knows how to do. he showed them he's just like them even though he despises them. give them permission to be awful out loud. etc etc. but the fact that people really bought the "he's a business man" shtick is very frustrating. 

Living with a person like that is really suffocating sometimes. He's full on into it, global warming is fake, 5G causes covid/cancer/mental deterioration, vaccines/chemtrails do DNA/RNA editing, biochip tracks you, controls your movements. He wants to buy a gun for the civil war that's apparently happening in Switzerland of all places. Trump really did a jedi mind trick there, although in his case it's more a sith thing.. :emotawesomepm9:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

doing this would be inneffective at best and most likely counterproductive. put yourself in that guy's shoes for a minute: would you question your views if someone talked to you like that? i certainly wouldn't and i'd probably think you were a right cunt

And yeah, this. He doesn't respond well to critique at all. Says I can't prove it, I'm not a scientist. That he has his sources. He gets really loud too, I assume he's subconsciously aware of how brittle his worldview is but his ego has to hold onto it so he belongs somewhere. Guy is a bit of a loner but I really can't accept this kinda stuff, I don't want to hear that giuliani goblin talk on his laptop on full blast when I'm making coffee in the morning. Or hear him on the phone one more time trying to convince his mother that masks make her sick, holy shit dude, get a grip.

• Like 1

there is one way to make people question their beliefs through discussion, it's called street epistemology (the french call it epistemic interviewing, which is a term i prefer) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Boghossian#Street_Epistemology

Street Epistemology (often abbreviated to SE) is a term coined by Boghossian in his book A Manual for Creating Atheists. This is a set of non-confrontation conversational techniques concerning a strongly held belief, designed to promote thoughtful reflection and open-mindedness in a participant regarding the belief. Boghossian outlined the method and its application in helping religious believers to reflect on the reliability of faith as an epistemology. However, it has also found effective use in many other contexts, and Boghossian later co-authored How to Have Impossible Conversations with James Lindsay, which describes the application of street epistemology to an examination of a wider range of beliefs. 

SE was popularized by Anthony Magnabosco who has uploaded many examples of SE conversations he has had to a YouTube channel, created many resources surrounding the topic, and engages with a community of Street Epistemologists looking to become proficient in the method and apply it in their lives. Magnabosco is the founder of Street Epistemology International, a non-profit organization "whose mission is to encourage and normalize critical thinking and skepticism while providing people around the world with the resources needed to develop and promote Street Epistemology". Resources are available for the community of SE practitioners, which include a guide on how to perform interviews using the style.

check out anthony magnabosco on youtube if you haven't and you're interested

sorry to derail lol

• Like 2

I’d be fine with that.

it’s a specific single use scenario based on whatever kind of repor I’d have with the friend/roommate. Also I wouldn’t live with idiots because it’s too stressful.

Obviously I’m not advocating this tactic to reach people and I agree it’s be counterproductive but is something I imagined for a minute as being satisfying on this particular day.

If it was a friend or friends who I respect I might factor that in though if it was me.

Perhaps I’m just feel vicious today.

Settle down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And yeah, this. He doesn't respond well to critique at all. Says I can't prove it, I'm not a scientist. That he has his sources. He gets really loud too, I assume he's subconsciously aware of how brittle his worldview is but his ego has to hold onto it so he belongs somewhere. Guy is a bit of a loner but I really can't accept this kinda stuff, I don't want to hear that giuliani goblin talk on his laptop on full blast when I'm making coffee in the morning. Or hear him on the phone one more time trying to convince his mother that masks make her sick, holy shit dude, get a grip.

This sounds way too stressful. I’d find somewhere else to live if possible or push him to move out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

I'd just stop talking to him except where strictly necessary for managing living together. you don't want these types involved in your life. you can't save them through any kind of reasoning.

Edited by usagi
  • Farnsworth 1