IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

did any of you watch Q: Into the Storm? it's as far as I've gone regarding this subject, and although very entertaining I'd like to know how accurate it is. the editing is pretty damn good, and I hate how misleading that can be

21 minutes ago, tbf said:

did any of you watch Q: Into the Storm? it's as far as I've gone regarding this subject, and although very entertaining I'd like to know how accurate it is. the editing is pretty damn good, and I hate how misleading that can be

sarah hightower who is an expert on cults shit on it pretty hard. i haven't watched it. kind of forgot it existed. didn't feel a need to have more Q in my media life. 

if you're on twitter her feed is pretty good.. often weird and funny but also with lot's of info. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

https://www.realghislaine.com/

This website has been developed and is maintained by brothers, sisters, family & friends of Ghislaine Maxwell, the people who have known the real Ghislaine all her life, not the fictional one-dimensional character created by the media. 

justice for ghislaine 

• Sad 1
  • Big Brain 1

the thing with qanon is that it's hard to cover, report on, and do a documentary on correctly. there was a lot of talk about the "truth sandwich" best practice for reporting on disinfo, during 2020 in the US. disinfo can reach a level of being problematic, such that you need to report on it, even though reporting on it brings more attention to it. so the correct way to refer to a lie is:

the actual truth

the false thing

again, the truth

i've heard mixed reviews of the hbo doc, but haven't watched it yet. hbo does good stuff but it's easy to deliver an off-point doc, and this is a subject where being off-point means you botched it.

i think we still don't appreciate the magnitude of what happened on earth over the last 30 years. it's not that we have introduced an information element. reality was always informational at its core. the universe is in your mind. mind is first. what we've done is completely reconfigured this core stratum, turned it upside down and gave it a bunch of drugs. the dawn of the internet and software will probably be remembered as a more transformational point than the industrial revolution. 

the big picture was already impossibly complex, and things will only get moreso, because deception multiplies complexity, and disarray in the info space has allowed decepton to achieve great successes. this hurdle of getting society able to swim in a chaotic information space is unavoidable and important. by the time we've made it through that, we will be emerging on the other side of history, where we have worked out more wrinkles of global civilzation and distributed benefits of the quantum leap of technological potency that we have already achieved, such that humans can all work less and have better lives.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, very honest said:

hbo does good stuff

er, not necessarily lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaving_Neverland 

(aka the worst docu i've ever seen, even dumber than ancient aliens and shit. it's not even a docu anyway)

Edited by brian trageskin

2 hours ago, tbf said:

yes. loved it. i think the editing which is "pretty damn good" might give the illusion of being misleading mainly because it omits and only skirts the disorder that was 8chan/8kun by trying to confine it into a linear narrative. 

btw: frankspeech has failed to launch

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

i think the editing which is "pretty damn good" might give the illusion of being misleading mainly because it omits and only skirts the disorder that was 8chan/8kun by trying to confine it into a linear narrative.

yes, good editing keeps you on track, so it has the power to slip you into one track, if that's the intention. I mean, in a docu about conspiracies, you're constantly aiming to crack the code, so I, for example, was left with 2 questions, one that the editing simply veered away from and the other as a projection of the paranoia the subject instates. the former was, if at one point someone took over, and the director made sure to keep the eyes on Ron as the "second" Q, then who first started on 4chan? the AI analyses got me curious, and that seemed to have little to no importance along those 6hs of plot bluid up. which takes me to the second question I was left with. the series focus a lot on the relationship between actors, and rightfully so, but that means that with such constant manipulation of facts and appearances, the very internal 8chan drama could just as easily been staged. maybe even fred was playing a role up until whatever point

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

sarah hightower

no idea who that is, can you fill me in on her credentials?

7 minutes ago, tbf said:

yes, good editing keeps you on track, so it has the power to slip you into one track, if that's the intention. I mean, in a docu about conspiracies, you're constantly aiming to crack the code, so I, for example, was left with 2 questions, one that the editing simply veered away from and the other as a projection of the paranoia the subject instates. the former was, if at one point someone took over, and the director made sure to keep the eyes on Ron as the "second" Q, then who first started on 4chan? the AI analyses got me curious, and that seemed to have little to no importance along those 6hs of plot bluid up. which takes me to the second question I was left with. the series focus a lot on the relationship between actors, and rightfully so, but that means that with such constant manipulation of facts and appearances, the very internal 8chan drama could just as easily been staged. maybe even fred was playing a role up until whatever point

i think (maybe i read an article and the doc hints at this) but in the beginning i believe the Q account was under control by both jim & ron. when it became a little more "serious", i think ron took it over because he was more tech savy than his father and changed the name from 'Q Clearance Patriot' to simply 'Q'. at the very least, both ron and jim had some "control" over the narrative q was feeding to qdrop investigators. 

what's interesting here is the banality of the "conspiracy". because it has had such a wide reach, one comes to expect a better executed operation (as hinted to the italian book by the luther blissett collective).

1 hour ago, tbf said:

no idea who that is, can you fill me in on her credentials?

aum shinrikyo expert. cult expert. independent researcher. she knows her stuff and is one of the people who was ringing the alarm  well ahead of mainstream media etc picking up on danger of Qanon.

i hadn't heard of her either until someone posted about her here on watmm.. i think another Qanon thread or something. since then i listened to a bunch of podcasts where she's featured and followed her on twitter fo regular info on all things related and good breakdowns of whatever current event is happening tat includes extremists and conspiracy peoples. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-sad-dangerous-and-predictable-state-of-qanon/id1478794003?i=1000488631695

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-on-belief-a-podcast-about-43065800/episode/episode-104-aum-shinrikyo-with-guest-44217452/

https://www.3cr.org.au/yeahnahpasaran/episode-202008271630/sarah-hightower-death-cults

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 6:11 PM, Nebraska said:

what's interesting here is the banality of the "conspiracy". because it has had such a wide reach, one comes to expect a better executed operation (as hinted to the italian book by the luther blissett collective).

I think that's pretty accurate, but you gotta take into account that what mostly made it so big was the medium. these guys basically figured out the best way to make the most out of Jim's long lasting web business, power-wise. I mean, they're clearly eccentric people, and reasonably detached from reality. if Jim is already quite the character, I can't even begin to imagine what must be like to be raised by him. bottomline is, they seem like bored people with access to a lot of power and not much of a moral compass - which might be a big understatement.
what I'm saying is, this whole thing wouldn't have gotten half as far if it wasn't for the anonymity. shit would've probably been a bigger shit show than tiger king if it was up to their personas to hold up the plot. and I mean, even with the anonymity AND all of the power of controlling the site they still managed to fuck up. at least they were wise enough to pick an audience as gullible as fish

i'm on episode 3 of Q Into the Storm and it's a weird ride.  so far it seems like they're mostly interested in finding out who Q is. it's an interesting look at the ramshackle loose web of sites and people making it happen and all the, apparently, total fucking morons all into Qanon. it really seems like some weird fantasy type scavenger hunt shit that some of these people see to live in. most of the people behind 8chan, 8kun etc seem really disingenuous. 

the political candidates in america.. god.. how duped are these people? totally duped.

the allure of the sweet nectar of the conspiracy and being privy to secret knowledge and being "on the inside" etc couldn't be more obvious. 

i like the dude in the wheelchair.. fred.. w/his little dogs. he's the only one who seems real. 

Edited by ignatius

https://news.yahoo.com/report-china-russia-fueling-q-anon-conspiracy-theories-090027767.html

Foreign-based actors, principally in China and Russia, are spreading online disinformation rooted in QAnon conspiracy theories, fueling a movement that has become a mounting domestic terrorism threat, according to new analysis of online propaganda by a security firm.

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

so, Q: into the storm..  

not really that good of a doc. i don't know what the goal of it was. perhaps that they thought focusing on the people behind 8chan etc would reveal just how big the lie is and people might tune into that and realize it's all bullshit? idk.  but really it seems like more of an internet documentary than a Qanon doc. they do drill down into who is Q and why are they doing what they're doing.. bsaically to fuck with people and troll and enjoy the power and whatever right wing trumpian libtertarian leanings they have buried under all that. 

to me it just makes all those people seem like assholes and weirdos with compulsive perversions/habits etc. 

those guys.. taking over Q and doing what they do seems like they were enjoying "acking reality" and messing w/narratives and manipulating people. 

i kept waiting for the russia angle about funding etc but didn't come up which is interesting since that was a narrative some people were pushing.. that russia was funding those guys to keep 8chan going.. but russia has its own hacker ops so why would it need those guys? 

does this honestly have any chance of going further without Trump as an active poster boy in the big media? sort of feels like it's just gonna die out barking

• Like 1

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it
8 hours ago, tbf said:

does this honestly have any chance of going further without Trump as an active poster boy in the big media? sort of feels like it's just gonna die out barking

no. but it will most likely help T in 2024 if he runs and can prove the satanic GOP stole the election

also: the communists are now going after rude boi

Federal investigators executed a search warrant at the home of former New York City mayor and Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday, sources familiar with the matter tell News 4 New York.

Prosecutors have been probing Giuliani's conduct in relation to Ukraine in recent years, looking into both his alleged lobbying on behalf of powerful interests there, as well as his purported efforts to obtain damaging information on President Biden.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/feds-execute-search-warrant-on-rudy-giulianis-nyc-apartment/3024728/

10 hours ago, tbf said:

there's a judge now looking to shut down the audit. cyber ninja's might have to also identify exactly who they are because nobody knows them

patriots are on standby

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

wonder if they found the portal to the 4th dimension in there. or whatever gateway to an alternate plane of reality that dude inhabits.

• Like 1