IGNORED

Who is Q-Anon? (it's Ron Watkins) the surprising origin story of the Q scam, and the man who now seems to be in control of it

ignatius

omg. wasn't sure which of the threads to post this in.. america, Qanon or 2020 election but.. fucking hilarious. 

lB7ZqYJ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, ignatius said:

omg. wasn't sure which of the threads to post this in.. america, Qanon or 2020 election but.. fucking hilarious. 

lB7ZqYJ.jpg

So his attorney’s last name is Watkins? ?

• Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...

A nontrivial 15% of Americans agree with the sweeping QAnon allegation that “the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation,” while the vast majority of Americans (82%) disagree with this statement. Republicans (23%) are significantly more likely than independents (14%) and Democrats (8%) to agree that the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation.

Similarly, one in five Americans (20%) agree with the statement “There is a storm coming soon that will sweep away the elites in power and restore the rightful leaders,” while a majority (77%) disagree. Nearly three in ten Republicans (28%), compared to 18% of independents and 14% of Democrats, agree with this secondary QAnon conspiracy theory. Trends among demographic groups are similar to those of the core QAnon conspiracy theory.

Fifteen percent of Americans agree that “Because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country,” while the vast majority (85%) disagree. Republicans (28%) are twice as likely as independents (13%) and four times as likely as Democrats (7%) to agree that because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence.

Understanding QAnon’s Connection to American Politics, Religion, and Media Consumption (PRRI)

15 % FFS, that's about 50 million Q-onanists.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, thefxbip said:

I'm personally terrified how quickly that many people can fall into this kind of fanatism.Like a few months.

fox/gop/putin are getting good at manipulating the most poorly educated segment of americans and facebook makes it easy to get them to turn out at events

• Like 2

Remember when all of these kooky, easily manipulated dummies only used to believe that Elvis was still alive, that there was that vampire baby, and that aliens landed at Roswell?

Simpler times.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

believe that Elvis was still alive, that there was that vampire baby, and that aliens landed at Roswell?

Enquiring minds want to know

56 minutes ago, diatoms said:

Enquiring minds want to know

That's exactly what I was thinking. Was the national enquirer the predecessor to whatever current medium these people use to get their daily dose of nuttiness?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

Was the national enquirer the predecessor to whatever current medium these people use to get their daily dose of nuttiness?

I'd say so. and then the truly down the rabbit hole types would publish zines or newsletters cracking on about whatever conspiracy laden crap they could muster up.

now of course the current medium of nuttiness is right in front of all of us, every day, awake every hour, in the form of a screen that shows text and images, which has the power to lead people down paths they had no idea existed before clicking that link. they believe what they see/hear because it comes in the form of a legit looking website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

fckn shit never ends. 

I can't find any confirmation of this elsewhere... It's believable for sure, and as tantalizing as it is to wholesale believe tweets like this, should we not be skeptical of verbatim quotes coming from anonymous accounts? I am no defender of Q, the GOP, or Gohmert, but unconfirmed tweets-as-news concern me in general

idk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

I can't find any confirmation of this elsewhere... It's believable for sure, and as tantalizing as it is to wholesale believe tweets like this, should we not be skeptical of verbatim quotes coming from anonymous accounts? I am no defender of Q, the GOP, or Gohmert, but unconfirmed tweets-as-news concern me in general

idk

everything is psyops. 

interesting read. 

direct link:

https://religiondispatches.org/in-the-name-of-the-father-son-and-q-why-its-important-to-see-qanon-as-a-hyper-real-religion/

In a May 13th article published in The Atlantic, Adrienne LaFrance offers her readers a deep dive into the QAnon movement. The article argues that when surveying QAnon, we’re not only examining a conspiracy theory, we’re observing the birth of a new religion. LaFrance underscores this argument by highlighting the apocalypticism found in QAnon; its clear-cut dualism between the forces of good and evil; the study and analysis of Qdrops as sacred texts, and the divine mystery of Q. 

Following the mass suicide of the Peoples Temple in Jonestown in 1978, historian Jonathan Z. Smith wrote an essay locating the study and definition of religion within an academic context, where he highlights that “almost no attempt was made to gain any interpretative framework” of what occurred at Jonestown by academics. Adrienne LaFrance’s article on QAnon makes clear that the movement and its believers demand to be taken seriously. Her piece acts as a springboard to ask the question: Can QAnon be considered a religion? 

Though many enjoy mocking the QAnon conspiracy theories and those who profit from them, it’s important to note that the movement’s adherents firmly believe in the theories—even to the detriment of their families and communities. Therefore, in an effort to avoid the mistakes of the past and to better understand the movement as it continues to grow and evolve, I suggest that we view QAnon as a “hyper-real religion.” Sociologist Adam Possamai, who coined the term, defines it as “a simulacrum of a religion created out of, or in symbiosis with, commodified popular culture which provides inspiration at a metaphorical level and/or is a source of beliefs for everyday life.” Or, to put it more simply, a religion with a strong connection to pop culture. This concept, based on Jean Baudrillard’s work on hyper-reality and simulations, was proposed to me as a possible way to understand QAnon by my colleague Martin Geoffroy. Hyper-real religion is based on the premise that pop culture shapes and creates our actual reality, with examples including, but not limited to: Heaven’s GateChurch of All WorldsJediism, etc. As a movement in a constant state of mutation, QAnon clearly blurs the boundaries between popular culture and everyday life.

• Farnsworth 1

On 5/29/2021 at 5:09 PM, luke viia said:

idk

found this

according to The Dallas Observer, there won't be any independent observers on hand to fact check or relay what conspiracy theories might be spawned at the "For God & Country Patriot Roundup."

https://patch.com/texas/dallas-ftworth/dallas-q-convention-looks-provide-more-heat-light

some info on other attendees and some quotes by them (sidney powell, matt gaetz, mike flynn) here

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/5/30/2032852/-GQP-Using-Memorial-Day-To-Fan-The-Flames-of-Civil-War

couldn't find verification of the gohmert quotes. tried searching with the quotes themselves within quotation marks, which turned up only that one tweet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lol - I went to high school with Ron Watkins. He was 2 grades older than I, but indeed he was a choir dork and in barbershop quartet. His creepy ass Dad used to chaperone the combined symphony/choir trips and I remember his weird face. 

He was friends with a girl I wanted to hook up with so I ate more than a few lunches with him and her friends. He was SUPER into the Matrix in high school and was a relatively nice and social dude. IDK where the fork in the road came. 

Watching that doc was surreal, I had to remember where I had seen him before and it wasn't until my sister brought out the yearbook that I confirmed I had indeed interacted with him many times in the past. Small world. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Audioblysk said:

Lol - I went to high school with Ron Watkins. He was 2 grades older than I, but indeed he was a choir dork and in barbershop quartet. His creepy ass Dad used to chaperone the combined symphony/choir trips and I remember his weird face. 

He was friends with a girl I wanted to hook up with so I ate more than a few lunches with him and her friends. He was SUPER into the Matrix in high school and was a relatively nice and social dude. IDK where the fork in the road came. 

Watching that doc was surreal, I had to remember where I had seen him before and it wasn't until my sister brought out the yearbook that I confirmed I had indeed interacted with him many times in the past. Small world. 

You could have taken him out, but you missed your shot. The world will never forgive. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nebraska said:

hltyO8J.png

https://www.change.org/p/blue-origin-petition-to-not-allow-jeff-bezos-re-entry-to-earth

love the fact that more than 13k people have signed this 

if you put a finger on the picture to cover right side of his face, you see on the left the Jeff in control, and if you cover the left side you see the Jeff who can't quite grasp the situation he is in.

• Burger 1