IGNORED

Luke Vibert - Turn (Remixes)

SQUIDLID

A remix 12" EP of the Luke Vibert "Turn EP" will be released in Nov. 2018 featuring new Luke Vibert remixes by Isan, Radioactive Man (Keith Tenniswood of Two Lone Swordsmen) and more to be announced.

Only just noticed this today, it didn't go ahead for some reason. The info is taken from the People Of Rhythm Discogs page. I wonder If the Remixes exist...?

Resident Advisor also mentions Derrick Carter and Daedelus:

People Of Rhythm is also selling exclusive merchandise to help fund the US touring efforts, and the label says more new music from Vibert is on the way to support the cause. On top of that, some remixes for Turn are in the works, so far with Derrick Carter, Daedelus, Radioactive Man and Isan set to contribute.

The remixes do exist- ISAN did one for the track BM from the Turn Ep, and Daedelus remixed another track of Luke's that was supposed to be on Turn ,  that has not been released yet.  There was/is word of just putting them up at Bandcamp, I don't think they will be pressed.

I can't remember if Radioactive Man or Derrick Carter ever did remixes.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Nice, thanks! I love that lil' EP, would be great if the remixes saw the light of day. ? 

I love it too.  Still do, even after listening to Turn like 6,000 times whilst cutting the video.  I think there's a good chance they'll get released.  

Yeah the EP is awesome, it's got a slightly updated Wagon Christ sound to it IMO. I reckon Radioactive Man would probably have contributed if the others did. Would be awesome for these to see a release!

3 hours ago, elcid4 said:

Yeah the EP is awesome, it's got a slightly updated Wagon Christ sound to it IMO. I reckon Radioactive Man would probably have contributed if the others did. Would be awesome for these to see a release!

It was originally branded a Wagon Christ release and was changed last min due to “issues”.

2 hours ago, elcid4 said:

I do actually remember reading that, makes sense given the forthcoming release too!

Yes! The original press release and stuff had it as Wagon Christ and then when it finally came out, iirc on bandcamp the label head made a cheeky comment about it having to be changed.

I can’t find it but at the time I had screen shotted it ?

Archived