IGNORED

Afx novation collab

dcsux

2 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

I'm not sure I care about some aphex branded novation clobber. Do I? Help me what to think watmm.

I might just get a ps5 instead

ugh, he's such a fucking hack these days. And a conspiritard too. Worst idm musician ever.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

Yeah I still love his music, and his opinions on the new world order and the (totally not jewish) global elite, and wish he was my dad and/or lover like the rest of watmm, I'm just on the fence about buying an aphex branded synth. Isnt it the exact same thing as buying jamie oliver branded frying pans or a joe wicks branded skipping rope or whatever

Even if you think the afx branded synth stuff is lame, if it seems like selling out or whatever, remember that he's been trying to get his design ideas into various pieces of gear for years and it's more than likely that this isn't about money as much as it is about doing something he feels passionate about. Can't blame him for finally going after this stuff full force now that companies are listening to him. Getting the tuning support into the sequential stuff, features in the cirklon, the monologue design, novation updates and whatever this is. Maybe this is an EP sort of like the elektron EP w/ plaid, or the korg ep on the aphex store.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

Even if you think the afx branded synth stuff is lame, if it seems like selling out or whatever, remember that he's been trying to get his design ideas into various pieces of gear for years and it's more than likely that this isn't about money as much as it is about doing something he feels passionate about. Can't blame him for finally going after this stuff full force now that companies are listening to him. Getting the tuning support into the sequential stuff, features in the cirklon, the monologue design, novation updates and whatever this is. Maybe this is an EP sort of like the elektron EP w/ plaid, or the korg ep on the aphex store.

Totally understand. And if better gear helps enable the next wave of musicians to make better tunes I mean, that’s just dandy. 

edit: when I initially made the “sellout” post I was being reactionary and used too strong/wrong language. I didn’t have the right words to convey what I was thinking that’s all. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

11 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

Thought I'd repost this on the new page instead of returning to page 3 to listen again & again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Berk said:

Got some jamie oliver frying pans that are p great tho

If you're passionate about cooking I think this is cool

I find this comparable to getting a signed instrument, kind of, it's a product I can make music with, investment into my passion

Edited by demo

breathe in the ventolin

through the ears/brain

2 minutes ago, thumbass said:

I just keep listening to that 20 second snippet...

in one week that snippet will grow into song which will have grown from an album

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

10 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

Are you saying, that Jamie Oliver HASNT been trying to get his design ideas into various pans for years and it's likely he did it for the money and not because he feels passionate about pans?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Are you saying, that Jamie Oliver HASNT been trying to get his design ideas into various pans for years and it's likely he did it for the money and not because he feels passionate about pans?

I know Wicksy's got a PhD in the properties of organic fibres and the relative aerodynamic characteristics under different climatological stresses. And apparently he's been hand whittling his own handles out of reclaimed railway sleepers since he were a whippersnapper.

Edited by dcsux
  • Burger 1