IGNORED

Paying the actual artists

Guest joshier

why not just send a check to the artist?

or paypal them, or something?

this seems like a whole lot of needless work.

and just lol at all the people that feel entitled to music.

Guest joshier

why not just send a check to the artist?

or paypal them, or something?

this seems like a whole lot of needless work.

and just lol at all the people that feel entitled to music.

Right, what's aphex's address? his paypal?

Guest joshier

email rephlex and ask were you can send fan mail.

include a check,

I can't be assed, can I just click a button instead? I want to send him £2 directly without messing about writing checks and sending them to rephlex.

If you fancy doing that for me and a thousand other people continuously, be my guest.

it would probably take you less effort to write a check and put it in the post, than it did for you to make that mockup... let alone all the actual technology that is yet to be created.

Guest analogue wings

i came in here prepared to see another silly naive idea, but this actually makes a lot of sense

i think you could do it a lot cheaper than you think though. verification could be done without a database of song checksums, for example. the media player could send something to an artist url or something. somebody could maintain a central index of the official urls for participating artists...

also, change that $2 to comething like 25c. It should be a spur of the moment click if you are enoying the track that is playing right now.

also also, this doesnt need heavyweight corporate or big name artist "buy in" - no reason why it cant start off as an open source community type thing amongst soulseek/myspace/facebook musicians

Guest joshier

it would probably take you less effort to write a check and put it in the post, than it did for you to make that mockup... let alone all the actual technology that is yet to be created.

Only closed minds think that the technology is too distant for a working concept. The tech is right here, but no one is giving a fuck. Well, some people are. Me & 42Orange, thehauntingsoul, Joyrex, hahathhat, Egom, xy_politics, karmakramer, analogue wings.

Guest joshier

i came in here prepared to see another silly naive idea, but this actually makes a lot of sense

i think you could do it a lot cheaper than you think though. verification could be done without a database of song checksums, for example. the media player could send something to an artist url or something. somebody could maintain a central index of the official urls for participating artists...

also, change that $2 to comething like 25c. It should be a spur of the moment click if you are enoying the track that is playing right now.

also also, this doesnt need heavyweight corporate or big name artist "buy in" - no reason why it cant start off as an open source community type thing amongst soulseek/myspace/facebook musicians

I'm happy that people are taking this seriously. and I'm glad I seem to have a shared opinion of what people would benefit from.

I could have ventured into this with cash strapped to me but the fact is (and like another member pointed out) we really don't want another middle man - so like analogue_wings points out; A nice stable, open source project would suffice. Something that is run like wikipedia where everyone contributes and no corporate interest is involved, which could be detrimental to the fundamental idea down the line.

Archived