IGNORED

Top Gear

Guest assegai

Guest Conor74

It's a bit shit. The midget who totalled the car a couple of years back and Clarkson should be slowly pressed to death. I don't mind May...he is harmless, which is faint praise.

Guest blicero

i like it a lot.

yes, the staged shit is lame, but compared to American television, Top Gear is a beacon of authenticity.

the cars are great and are never treated as an aside... unlike MTV or something like that, where they use music to trick you into watching shit reality TV.

making aging British celebrities run laps in a shitty compact car is quite fun, as well.

the production value is probably my favorite part. they put the best cars in the best locations. also, as a 2-wheel enthusiast (motorized only) I appreciated the bit where they rode old motorcycles and scooters across Vietnam.

Guest abusivegeorge

I thought this weeks episode was shit, as did the entirety of my car club. Which is a shame, I hope for better this coming Sunday.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I still like Captain Slow.

I can't get over Hammond's hair -- it's just not possible to like the guy.

And I really think Clarkson is just mailing in episodes now.

The fake shit is what bothers me. Charlie Brooker highlighted it well in Screenwipe, where they "accidentally" burn a caravan down.

yeah i think it started as a way to push the drama in episodes, add some colour to dull shoots. But now the whole episode is either a bloody advertisement for something, or this endless stream of fakery, with each character playing his role. The most loathsome aspect being the continual disingenuous needling of james may.

"Oh no he parked the daccia behind a truck and it got written off" "Oh dear he had a just off camera dingle in his lambo, and when we show the non damage to the front end we'll visually reinforce that there was actually an accident by pouring a bottle of evian down over the inside of the wheel mounting."

noone believes this stuff, it's not fun, just give us some fast cars and some stats with the occasional witty remark, and fucking leave off the french.

Archived