IGNORED

Any headphone freaks here?

Guest Al Hounos

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I've had a pair of k701s for a while, and they were my main headphone for several months. They still sound exactly the same to me as when they were brand new.

... So during this burn-in, what are you doing -- playing music or pink noise or something 24-7? Do you do a reference "listen" before and after burn-in and compare them? If you use them during the burn-in process, then I would contend it's just your ears and brain getting acclimated to the sound.

To me, burn-in is questionable enough in loudspeakers, but the drivers in headphones are so tiny that I'm really skeptical.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al Hounos

Headphone and tube amp burn-in seems to be pretty universally accepted by the hi-fi community. Plenty of the same people still argue over whether $1000 pure silver cables are better than $2 stranded copper cables.

Personally I never intentionally burned-in my phones so any change happened as I was listening. On the other hand, I know they've never sounded better than they do now. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived