IGNORED

The Pacific

Guest El_Chemso

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

it should have been a 20 part series, I think a slower pacing to character development and more action would have been a lot really needed besides some slightly better writing to make the characters and dialog a little more rich. the combat execution was done very well and dont really have any major complaints. It was just a bit shy of being really really great

Guest Franklin

finally finished the series and am here to sum it all up:

THIN AS FUCK

so many things wrong with this series I don't know where to start. some enjoyable parts but overall a huge letdown.

Guest blutac

Yeah I had no idea who most of the characters at the end were. Massive dissapointment compared to band of brothers. I agree that it seemed shorter, not just the series as a whole, but every individual episode. If it's only going to be 10 episodes long I think they have to focus on one group of characters who spend the whole series together. Surely it could have just focused on Eugene the whole time? There were loads of characters in his group that I kind of recognised but could have been involved with if they'd showed them more. In episode 9 when that guy went crazy and his friend got shot it was meant to be a really important moment, but it was too dark to really see what had happened, and when I found out who had died I didn't really remember why he was important anyway. Kind of summed up the series for me.

I think the most interesting character was Leckie (the one who went a bit crazy) - if they'd moved his storyline along more slowly, it could have been good. The problem was trying to capture the whole pacific campaign from start to finish - it meant that they had to switch characters and ruined the progression. Surely either jumping in with Eugene or not covering the end of the fighting and sticking with Leckie would have been better.

Archived