IGNORED

Sonár Chicago

Guest Deep Fried Everything

site: http://www.sonarchicago.com/en/

---

With this new small-format festival promoted together with AC Entertainment, Sonar returns to the United States for the second year running and once again collaborates with the Institut Ramon Llull, after the two events held in Washington and New York in May 2009.

In accordance with its objective of disseminating the philosophy of the Barcelona festival and adapting it to new cities and formats, Sónar together with US Bonnaroo promoter AC Entertainment will organise the first Sonar Chicago the 9th, 10th and the 11th of September - a new festival which is anticipated to be a regular event.

The Sonar by Day activities at Sonar Chicago will take place in the many rooms and spaces of the Chicago Cultural Center (CCC), the headquarters of the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and the city's main public cultural venue. The programme will be completed with Sonar by Night shows and sessions.

Sonar Chicago will present a multidisciplinary line-up with an experimental slant that is consistent with the distinguishing feature of the Barcelona festival, and which on this occasion will focus on emerging talent and local scenes, in both North America and Catalonia.

As usual at Sonar, the line-up combines some important names on the current landscape with other less mainstream and more experimental offerings, and it will be announced in mid-July.

---

Good lineup thus far, including Ben Frost, Oval, and Martyn.

Guest spike

i just got an email from jet blue offering cheap ass flightss, gonna see if i can work it! can i stay with you?

Guest spike

"All the shows and activities at the festival are free of charge and open to all, except for the AIMM events which are subject to a separate payment."

holy what the what!!?!!

• 2 weeks later...

it would be great to meet anyone who travels in from out of town for any of this, please post if you're coming! i'm definitely going to all 3 nights.. thank gods for chicago!

Archived