IGNORED

DONUTS NY w/ DETROIT IN EFFECT (Clone) & TEENGIRL FANTASY RECORD RELEASE!

posture

JOIN US FOR

DETROIT IN EFFECT'S NYC DEBUT

DETROIT IN EFFECT live (Clone, Detroit)

TEENGIRL FANTASY live (Merok Records)

DJ MAACO DJ (Clone, Detroit)

PICKPOCKET DJ (Donuts! San Francisco)

ALISON CHILDS video installation (Galaxie!)

SEPTEMBER 4th, 2010

COCO66

66 Greenpoint Avenue

Doors: 9PM

BROOKLYN!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142629812416664&index=1

http://donutsparty.com/newyork

BTW this was an amazing show. Didn't catch the hipster band that was playing before hand, but I did peek in and saw it that the room was pretty full. When D.I.E came on there were like 8 people there, by the end of his set it was like 4-6 including me and the shows promoter, visuals person, resident DJ and probably the guys from the opening act and maybe one or two others.

He did a 30-40 min set on his mac which was awesome Detroit Electro, he fucking rocked it. Then he switched to the turntables and did a mix of Detroit Electro,Ghettotech,Freestyle,Oldschool Electro ect for another hour or so when some girl came and told him he had to stop. Room was empty yo. :(

I met him before he went on and he gave me two of his records, for which I was willing to pay for, but we wouldn't take the money. They are fucking bumpin to. I told him to bring more Detroit heads to NYC, but it didn't look good after the hipsters bailed.

I danced for the first time in my life, I am white, fat and I do not know how to dance. I was drunk and on some stuff, so I probably embarrassed myself, but you only live once right? Back and shoulders are killing me though now.

i assume the hipster band was the one with Teenage in the name?

what a fucking shame, that sounded awesome. i hope crap like that doesn't get artists down.

Archived