IGNORED

First Posted Track w/ Vocals

Guest blacks

Guest blacks

Been working on some stuff, need some advice on it. Vocals are me, let me know what you think.

My name's Blacks and the tracks called Well Ya Damn Sure and Had Your Fame.

Guest illfly mandog

if you are who i think you are this is very different than what ive heard from you before!!

pretty fuckin sweet! i would just make the vocals more audible, more volume? less reverb?

Dude, nice! Really digging this new sound of yours. Very nicely done. Your voice sounds great on this too. I like how the vocals sit back in the mix on this, I wouldn't bring them up by much if any as Illfly suggests. Maybe by just a hair? Nice textures too. Impressive!

Oh and Blacks... You might wanna read the fucking rules :rtfm:

Guest Synthacat 9

When did you move from DC? Digging the new sound! Are you still... working? Keep it up and stay safe

Guest blacks

Thanks for the feedback gents, been doing a lot of stuff these days that's much different than what I've been up to in the past so it really helps to get some other perspectives on it. I'll keep posting more stuff as it becomes available. Conflicting views on vocal level it seems, maybe I'll dry them out a little bit and see where that makes them sit, but they are definitely supposed to sit back more on this one so I'm not overly concerned. Mainly I just need to spice up the ending I think. Also Mr. Deepex, what of the rules did I offend?

Guest blacks

hes joking, are you african american?

Sorry but I prefer to keep myself to myself, as much as I can at least..

Guest illfly mandog

listened some more. I wouldn't change the vocals, the beginning sounds a lot like amon tobin, with the saxophone or whatever that is! great job man!!

Guest blacks

listened some more. I wouldn't change the vocals, the beginning sounds a lot like amon tobin, with the saxophone or whatever that is! great job man!!

Thank you much dude, that comparison brought me a wider smile than you'll know. I've got some more stuff in the works too, it'd do me well to send it your way and get some thoughts actually, I don't have too many people to bounce electronic music off of in Nashville...

Guest illfly mandog

Thank you much dude, that comparison brought me a wider smile than you'll know. I've got some more stuff in the works too, it'd do me well to send it your way and get some thoughts actually, I don't have too many people to bounce electronic music off of in Nashville...

any time my man!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I liked the production quite a bit for the most part, I think instrumentally this could be pretty cool. The vocals kinda sound like you got a random guy who used to be a Louisiana mainstream "hard" cock rock band who is now too inspired by Maynards mostly ridiculous style in Pucifur. Might seem like I am trying to be an asshole but that's the best way I could put my discontent with the vocal style. I have produced some really distant blury vocal sounds before but the reverb is coloring/watering down the sound far too much in the concrete gym distance (if you're trying to make the vocal tone clear at all)

Guest blacks

Synthacat: I know it would be much easier honestly, I've just gotten to know Logic too well at this point to learn a new language.

BFC: Thanks for the feedback, it's always helpful. I wanted to be a little different with this track, I was going for Tom Waits style to mix it up, I've not posted other vocal tracks but my other stuff is MUCH different so I thought it might sit well on a release as a departure from my usual style, really just trying to feel around with it. And no, the vocals were never meant to be clear haha.

Archived