IGNORED

iridescent cotton ball anemone

Ragnar

yo, I see on your soundcloud, some of your tracks are labelled as generative. I was wondering what software/module you are using for the generative algorithm. max or pure data? I'm trying to use generative algorithms in my composition process. Thanks.

yo, I see on your soundcloud, some of your tracks are labelled as generative. I was wondering what software/module you are using for the generative algorithm. max or pure data? I'm trying to use generative algorithms in my composition process. Thanks.

nothing special, this http://tonecarver.wordpress.com/nova3-generative-sequencer-vst/, some modular trickery and midi filters in ReaJS

cool, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Generative algorithm is rather a pretty broad term that can describe a lot of ways to generate patterns. I always thought it can save time in automating pattern generation in composition. I've read about Iamus, but listening to its compositions, it sounds mostly like shit. I think the sweet spot in generative algorithm lies in between user made patterns + evolving those patterns to generate new but similar patterns. Just my 2 cents.

Archived