Aphex Twin Peel Session 1992 Part 2.mp3

About This File

urther details on this transmission here

http://rareafx.wordp...session-1-1992/

Peel seems to first hear of Aphex Twin while reading the music press in early 1992 on how his music will transform the whole nature of dance music. Before playing Aphex Twin's "Digeridoo", he commented on his 22 February 1992 show:

"And this is record which I’ve being seeing write ups about in the music papers particularly the dance pages thereof for some weeks now saying that it was going to transform the whole of the nature of dance music and so forth. And I’m not much of an expert in this area, as I’m not much of a dancing man, particularly since the webbing slipped. But I think you’d be hard put to dance to this; but it is a great record"

Throughout the 90's and 00's, Peel continued playing Aphex Twin's music and the man himself did two sessions for Peel's show in 1992 and 1995: Ken Garner adds that James wrote on the sheet for his first session, "Thank you very much for your help, Richard D. James (age 21)." [1] Peel also manage to interview the Aphex Twin (he rarely does interviews) in the late 90's for his Sounds Of The Suburbs: Cornwall show, where he mentioned working in the mine as a young boy in Cornwall.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.