IGNORED

Ableton help

Guest môak

Guest Mr. Magoo

hi there

i got my microkorg plugged into my computer via midi-usb on ableton, and have put notes onto the midi file thing (the simple midi note track), and have the sound i want on my microkorg.

now how do i make sure that that particular sound on my microkorg will be played when i press play on the ableton button on the particular midi track?

in other words when i turn my computer on the next day for example, and open up a ableton saved set, how can i make it so that the track which is the microkorg, will play the specific program i had it on the previous day, without having to search for it on my microkorg?

also, is there anyway of having several or few tracks in ableton, that all simultaniously use my microkorg but different programs? is this possible, if so please explain, btw has i got to do with midi channels?

thank-you for your help, yes i am a n00b or whatever arseholes say.

cheers

Guest Captain Cooper

First: I think there is a way to automate program ("patch") choice by MIDI... probably a standard command but I never use it. When I make a set involving my K-station, I just make sure the MIDI track is called, say, "KS434" if it uses patch 434, that works for me.

As for playing more than one patch at once, I don't think this can be done with the Microkorg (nor my K-Station) because they are both monotimbral (but I could be wrong on the MK as I don't have one)

Archived