IGNORED

ID'ed tracks from Aphex Twin DJ Sets

Jatsko

Hi all, this is a project I send updates to on the subreddit, but I figured I'd post it here too for anyone who might not be aware of it!

Over the past few years, I've slowly compiled all the DJ sets that Aphex Twin has played that we have footage for in a giant spreadsheet, and I've been trying to find any unidentified track he's played. I've been able to net a bunch of tracks that were previously unknown in setlists from 2023 all the way back to the mid 90s, but especially from 2017-2019. It started from my curiosity in trying to find a track he played in his 2017 Field Day set, and that one has yet to be found despite being played over 10 times since 2009.

I've been posting batches of tracks that I and others in the fan community have found every few months on Reddit, but I figured a thread here would allow for people to respond and get involved as they wish, in real time, without having to feel like it's clogging the Reddit post feed.

Below is the most recent round of tracks that have been discovered, and here's where you can access all the Reddit updates I've published. The spreadsheet is set up so that you can comment in spots that you think might have been identified, or you can, of course, use this thread to discuss the tracks too!

Busta Rhymes - Light Your Ass On Fire (Instrumental) (Big Day Out '04)

Crash Course In Science - Flying Turns (Big Day Out '04)

BFC - Galaxy (Big Day Out '04)

Aphex Twin - Arp 2500 - Modules 1004 P,1004 T,1016 [Brain Floss Mix] (Melt! '06)

DZ's Pump Girls - Pump It Up (ATP Nightmare '07)

Mundo Muzique - Welcome (Primavera '09)

Unique 3 - Rude 'Bout The Place (Primavera '09)

KAVARI - Luminescence (Bleed Mix) (Best Kept Secret '23)

Aquestion - おいアホ(GoldenEggs kick edit) (Best Kept Secret '23)

DJ SMILEY BOBBY - Drum Exercise For Sound System (90-110 bpm mix) (Villafranca '23)

Also of note: the ID currently known as "09PRIpercussion-beat" was found, unidentified, in a mix by O/V/R (Regis & James Ruskin) mix from 2005.

Edited by Jatsko
  • Like 4