IGNORED

here's another one

Guest ccfeln

Guest Coalbucket PI

nasty cheap drum samples... i think better sounds and effects could salavage this into something very nice but as it is its a bit lifeless

IRAIL: don't dig the piano+bass chord sequence/melody... doesnt speak to me. maybe would do under illicit herbage but that's another question... melody appearing @ 1:14 too loud in the mix imo. sounds strange. some rhythmic changes (in the sounds and energy) would do well in some parts i think as it's a little monotonous. the transition @ 3:00 could be bettered, sounds like 2 different tracks pasted together. nice dramatic feel. don't like the piano sound tho :P (yes i'm asking a lot :happy: ). the track could evolve a little more near the end but i guess it's not finished.

Guest the man

i like the 2:50-3:00 part, where it's just the beat+pad+bass...I don't like the piano and the other lead synth hits.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I actually really like it, it seems to have a really subtle structure. I still think the piano and that music box type thing dont sound very good. I would maybe use an instrument with more attack on the envelope. And i think the drums need more texturising, some more background sounds or distortion. I would be tempted to try some really glitchy samples for the drums

right then, i made a few changes so here's new version:

http://www.endjinn.com/tracks/ateb.mp3

this sound better coalbucket?

i like this. some of the sounds remind me of older autechre. it's well layered, builds up nicely, with subtle variations. a couple notes seemed out of place. overall, a good track.

Archived