IGNORED

something about my boss dr 770

Guest eatanter

Guest eatanter

fellas,

there is something going on with my boss dr 770 that i do not really understand, and it keeps bugging me.

often, my patterns tend to be rather longwinded and complex. but sometimes, when i try entering further notes (doesn't matter whether in real or step recording mode), they don't sound at the step where i put them. in fact, they are in place (i can see them in step recording mode as well as on my screen when MIDI-ing around with my pc), but they keep on sounding right at the end of my pattern, just before it loops again. they are all layered, meaning they are played back right at the same time, no matter where they were put in the first place, and just produce loud noise because so many notes are sounding at once.

the manual says that there is a maximum of 7 notes per step, and that all notes being entered further on would just be ignored and not sound (which, in my case, they are doing, but not where desired).there are no 7 notes on one step in my patterns, i'm not even getting this far because my patterns are getting fucked up again before. i've found nothing about it in the manual.

this really keeps pissing me off, as i often find my patterns ruined before i can even finish them, because: i can delete these notes, not where they sound but where i put them. but i can't enter any further notes as well. everything leads down to the same again. it even happens with rather simple patterns where not too much is going on. maybe it's got to do with me just having too many patterns on my machine? i understand that the limitation in patterns on this machine is more due to individual pattern length than the number of patterns stored itself.

maybe it's known from other boss machines, too. any 660 or 880 users around that might have some-thing to tell about it?

anyway, help truely appreciated, but please don't tell me any cosmetic tips like

" you may simply break down the patterns into several layers and layer them later in acid".

i wanna get to the root of the problem.

cheers

Guest Eastern Europe

this happened on my boss 770 as well. it did it for about a year and then it just stopped one day. it is now working fine. i just stopped using it for a really long time (a few months)and left it unplugged. try doing that and let me know a few months from now. from now how it worked.

Guest eatanter

really?

interesting...

i remember the first patterns i made which were packed with sounds bouncing around everywhere, and it didn't happen. hmm.. did you delete a lot of your old patterns then? because it seems to me like it's getting worse with every new pattern i program into it.

was it the same when you assembled a complex pattern on your pc and recorded it to your machine?

(or maybe you never did)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest feta lol
really?

interesting...

i remember the first patterns i made which were packed with sounds bouncing around everywhere, and it didn't happen. hmm.. did you delete a lot of your old patterns then? because it seems to me like it's getting worse with every new pattern i program into it.

was it the same when you assembled a complex pattern on your pc and recorded it to your machine?

(or maybe you never did)

waht? no. i didnt prgram anything for a few months and le4ft it unplugged. i didnt delete anything. unplug--->let sit for months.

Archived