IGNORED

boitler & fessels & romklep

Guest iep

Romklep was like the aftermath of the previous one recorded from the room next door, you definately have your production down. I just wish the actual melodic textural matter contained within had more resonance and pull, although romklep was decent i find the production outweighs the merit of its innards.

Romklep was like the aftermath of the previous one recorded from the room next door, you definately have your production down. I just wish the actual melodic textural matter contained within had more resonance and pull, although romklep was decent i find the production outweighs the merit of its innards.

you bring up a good point & i both agree and disagree; often i get too engulfed in the 'production', the textural quality etc, and i tend to neglect the 'original source material' - the original idea that i started out with, the part that some people call the music.

but: the 'production', the shifts in timbre & subtle tweaks in mood, then becomes part of that musical content.. maybe it sounds cliched but the arrangment then automatically becomes less focused on the conventional structure of harmony/tempo etc but more on the sound itself, the timbre & the way that this timbre changes over time; the arrangment/composition of the timbre, so to speak - 'production' is then intertwined with 'arrangement'/'composition'.. see/hear what i mean..?

and andrieafs, i imagine it must be pretty intense to listen to the boitler on a nocturnal hike in the forest somewhere in new zealand; you better count yourself lucky, i wish there were Proper Forests© near where i live:) winter is slowly setting in around here, i cant wait till the pressing, slow heat of summer comes around again & just getting out of town on my bike listening to dense, thick droning music; there are few better ways to really get inside music than that..

Have to agree with the first reply. The production is excellent but the melodies are just a bit dull and don't vary enough. Really nice sounds though.

Archived