IGNORED

Suggestions/Opinions (r2r n etc)

Guest No Pomo

Guest Glass Plate

So I'm thinking about getting some Reel To Reel recording stuff for my studio, but it'd be my main form of recording all of my music.

All I have right now, is a shitty portable Mini-disc recorder, with a little 1/8" jack to put into it, which for random outside recordings is decent (though mine skips like mad and pisses the shit outta me). So I was thinking reel to reel would be fun, and would get some good tones. But I was thinking a Multi-tracker of some sort would probally be a lot more practical, but I know little about either, and then when it comes to multi-tracker I'm not sure if I want digital or not. (probally digital, and in that case I don't know which one to get).

Any how, my process for my last album, was primarily just fruity loops, and some times add my own samples. Now I'm planning on doing a lot more recordings of stuff from my microkorg, and various instruments and what not, and then mix those elements into the computer for mastering, and effects and drums, I dunno, what do you people suggest for me to record with?

Also, I don' even have a microphone yet. I just have a Behringer mixboard with 8 inputs or so.

Archived